How do get my dog to pee?

My dog is very old and this never used to be a problem. When I take him out he has to find a "perfect" place to pee or he won't, no matter how much he has to. He will not pee in our yard anymore. He is somewhat incontinent, and it's only worse because he…

My dog is very old and this never used to be a problem. When I take him out he has to find a "perfect" place to pee or he won't, no matter how much he has to. He will not pee in our yard anymore. He is somewhat incontinent, and it's only worse because he…...
    General Dog Discussions : How do get my dog to pee?...

• How do get my dog to pee?

How do get my dog to pee? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is very old and this never used to be a problem. When I take him out he has to find a "perfect" place to pee or he won't, no matter how much he has to. He will not pee in our yard anymore. He is somewhat incontinent, and it's only worse because he has become so picky with where he will pee. Is there anything I can do to make him pee. One time my brother peed on the ground and the dog peed on top of it, but it only worked once.He is neutered if it matters.

How do get my dog to pee? General Dog Discussions
    • Sorry, but you need to be more patient.Senior dogs don't have the acute senses of younger dogs. Your dog isn't being willfully picky ... he just doesn't have the sense of smell that he once did. He's trying his best.Incontinence is sometimes an issue with a dog just 'getting older', but can also be a symptom of a real, possibly TREATABLE disease. Please, have your dog seen by the vet to at least rule out diabetes or other possible conditions.