What does a 4 month old german sheperd eat?

Well I just got him and i want to know what he eats a by the way this dude NEVER and i mean NEVER bites

Well I just got him and i want to know what he eats a by the way this dude NEVER and i mean NEVER bites...
    General Dog Discussions : What does a 4 month old german sheperd eat?...

• What does a 4 month old german sheperd eat?

What does a 4 month old german sheperd eat? General Dog Discussions
      Well I just got him and i want to know what he eats a by the way this dude NEVER and i mean NEVER bites

What does a 4 month old german sheperd eat? General Dog Discussions
    • As for my dog, a Shetie, I gives him soaked puppy food mixed with cooked egg yolk. He seems to like it. So since they both are sheperds, I think your shepherd can also eat it.

• all puppies should start on a diet that provides them with all the essential fatty acids,vitamins,carbohydrates etc. you can start to give your puppy some commercial brand puppy food such as (I'm not advertising here) pedigree natural puppy,Purina puppy food,super coat puppy food etc. it is important to feed your pup puppy food only as it contains all the essential ingredients for healthy growth and developmeant because adult dog food is not ment for puppies (it doesn't have the right ingredients)you can also supplement your puppies diet with some puppy porridge or some puppy milk.if you got your puppy from a breeder you should ask them what brand of food they fed your puppy as a sudden change in brand of dog food can make your puppy sick.

• Go to your local pet food store and get him a good quality puppy food. They will only be to glad to help. Look at foods like Wellness, Canidae, Innova Eagle Pacl etc. Don't feed crap like Purina or Beneful or worse yet Old Roy. Spend a little more on the food, spend less at the Vet.

• Raw food is supposed to be best. Next would be a high grade premium dry dog food formulated for large breed puppies. The large breed puppy formula has a lower calorie content than just regular puppy food and helps the large breed grow slowly so that it can avoid puppy growing pains (pano) also called wandering lameness, where the pup will favor one leg, up to weeks at a time, then suddenly start favoring a different leg. You don't want to ever go through this because you feel helpless to stop his pain and your exercise routine must stop while he is recovering.At the age of 4 months, this puppy does not need water on his food if you go with the commercial dry puppy food. He needs 2 or 3 feedings per day until he is 6 months, then you can drop down to 2 feedings per day. You do not have to add in vitamins and supplements or eggs or milk or cottage cheese, if you buy a good food, everything is already added that your pup could possibly need in his diet. If you go with a raw diet, you may need to add certain things that plain muscle meat is missing and if you have a good quality pet store that carries good dog food, they will have all the information you need to go raw or commercial.Always provide him with fresh water and scrub his bowl daily because slime builds up on the bowl where water sits all the time. I have one scrub brush for the dogs' dishes and one for the people dishes. They are differnet sizes so there is no mistaking which is the dog scrubber and which is not. All you need to do is go buy a new dish scrubber and donate the old one to the dogs. Good clean water is just as important as what type of food he gets.

• He can be on either a top quality, not supermarket brand, puppy food or adult food. Dry food digests better when moistened so I always add warm water to my dogs' dry. You can feed some canned or not, 1 T is enough. Feed him twice a day for the rest of his life. I always add Vit C, it helps support good hips. I prefer Pro Plan food, I've used it for 15 yrs with great results and we have fed about 10 German Shepherds it for their life. Plus other breeds.

• Hi,good question..I will always tell all my friend to cook for their pet if possible, it will have more healthy dog .Most Puppy need 4meal a day.As i know German Sheperd have got 'Genetic' problem with their back hip, i would recommend you to cook for your dog with fresh meat like fish, pork or chicken mix with vegetable,carrot, potato, apple,egg , garlic, and brown rice it was the best for all dog.Cook all together in a small pot with half fill water,cook until it look like sticky porrige, use your clean hand to mix all together to let your puppy eazy to eat and digestion.Leave it to cool down before you mix them up, then let your precious puppy to have a good healthy meal as long as it live.( After your dog reach 1year old, you can change to 2meal a day).And i ensure you your dog will love it,and will love you very much, your puppy will grow up very strong bone and healthy stomach and very good shape if you mantain your puppy well.After every meal for about 30min ..pls bring your dog out for walk for about 20 to 30min walk for pee and poo.And also allow your puppy destress..(They will really stress when staying at home all day.)Don't forget to brush your puppy teeth everday 2 time a day to keep it clean,,do this when your puppy is young, it was a very eazy job when start young.Pls keep up this healthy lifestyle for your dog.. it will grow very well by helping your puppy happy ,destress,strong bone ,clean teeth and young..And change fresh water for your puppy everytime pls..Milk also keep strong bone & strong teeth, let your puppy drink it also..Hope this will be helpful..good day to you.

• Hi,As i also cook for my dog.I would recommend Brown rice, with all Green veg, carrot, cheese,garlic, and egg for your dog.You can cook it like cooking rice way.It really help my dog grow up very strong bone.My dog stand up very well then other dog, i can always see other dog not in very good shape , like look very skinny, hair look very dull, and their poo is very very sticky.This feeding is very good even until old age dog.As i told my friend already they start to feed their dog now( their dog now age 5 to 8years, but look really skinny)My dog now already almost 7month old, it look more bigger and stronger then my friend dog.