Will feeding my dog chicken everyday affect his life?

my grandfather feeds his dog 3 pieces of seasoned chicken 2 times a day for about a 1year now. i want to know if that will harm the dog? because i keep telling him he should feed the dog dog food but he does not want to listen and gets angry at me.

my grandfather feeds his dog 3 pieces of seasoned chicken 2 times a day for about a 1year now. i want to know if that will harm the dog? because i keep telling him he should feed the dog dog food but he does not want to listen and gets angry at me....
    General Dog Discussions : Will feeding my dog chicken everyday affect his life?...

• Will feeding my dog chicken everyday affect his life?

Will feeding my dog chicken everyday affect his life? General Dog Discussions
      my grandfather feeds his dog 3 pieces of seasoned chicken 2 times a day for about a 1year now. i want to know if that will harm the dog? because i keep telling him he should feed the dog dog food but he does not want to listen and gets angry at me.

Will feeding my dog chicken everyday affect his life? General Dog Discussions
    • With my dog when we give her chicken she has gas and gets dandruff. It depends on the breed though. Make sure your dog isn't having diarrhea or other issues relating to going to the bathroom

• I have fed my 3 shitzus chicken and bologna every day twice a day for about 3 years now and it has'nt really done anything negative that I can see. They also have a bowl with kibbles that they snack on occasionally. If you have heard anything negative about dogs eating chicken, I would like to know myself.

• He'd be better off feeding it raw than cooked and seasoned. If that's his (or your?) dog's only source of nutrition, then he/she will be malnourished in no time. There's no calcium in that diet, so his bones and joints will suffer at some point if it hasn't started already, and other essential nutrients that aren't available in cooked chicken will at some point effect organ function. It's a horrible diet on its own

• Seasoned chicken? Of course that's bad for dogs - dogs do NOT get seasoning!Cooked chicken - next to no nutrition for a dog. Chicken as their entire diet - the dogs seriously lacking a lot of needed nutrition. People who feed raw know that dogs need different meats, never only chicken.

• If dogs get no nutrition from cooked meat, then I suppose humans should start feeding their children raw meat so they can get the nutrition from it? Yes, you can cook meat to death, and it will have less nutrition, but not "no" nutrition and cooked real meat is healthy. As far as seasoning goes, it would be better for the dog to have the non seasoned chicken, but not all seasonings are bad for dogs, though it is better without them. Some seasonings are toxic like onion and onion powder or garlic. I'm guessing your grandfather gives the dog some veggies and maybe other foods? Maybe lets the dog chew on some sort of treat for their teeth? The dog has lived for a year and I'm guessing the dog is healthy, so he must be doing something right. With all the recalls that keep happening with dog foods of all kinds, the dog will be a lot better off with real food vs. dog food as long as it isn't just chicken and nothing else. Dog food is cooked to death with inferior product that is often contaminated and then it has sprayed on animal fat and lots of artificial vitamins so there is some nutritional value. Our three dogs eat a home cooked diet and they are all healthy SENIORS, 12. 11, and just turned 10.