How much benadryl can I give my dog?

She has terrible allergies. She is a 2year old Dogue de Bordeaux. She weighs 103lbs. I have liquid childrens benadryl, what is the exact amount I should give her?

She has terrible allergies. She is a 2year old Dogue de Bordeaux. She weighs 103lbs. I have liquid childrens benadryl, what is the exact amount I should give her?...
    General Dog Discussions : How much benadryl can I give my dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How much benadryl can I give my dog?

How much benadryl can I give my dog? General Dog Discussions
      She has terrible allergies. She is a 2year old Dogue de Bordeaux. She weighs 103lbs. I have liquid childrens benadryl, what is the exact amount I should give her?

How much benadryl can I give my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • for a dog that size.. I'd be buying the adult stuff.dose I was told was 1 mg per pound of body weight.. you will have to read the packaging and see how many mg are in a dose and then do the math.

• I would say call your vet to find out the dosage for your dog. I have an American staffordshire terrier. He weighs 80lbs and has bad allergies sometimes. I talked to my vet and she told me that if he ever needs it I could give him 2-3 of the 25mg benadryl tablets fo adults. If you talk to your vet I'm sure they would be happy to let you know how much your dog could safely take. I would worry about the effects it could have if you didn't consult your vet first and ended up giving the wrong dosage.

• You may give your dog Benadryl. According to my vet the beginning dosage is:10 mg for dogs under 30lbs25mg for dogs 30-50lbs50mg for dogs over 50lbs. Keep an eye on the dog for an hour or two after giving them the first dose.If that isn't enough, you may increase the dosage to no more than 1 mg per pound of weight. So, if your dog weighs 10 lbs, you can give them 10 mg. If your dog weighs 100 lbs, you can give them 100 mg.I hope this helps!

• For a dog that size she needs adult benadryl. Children's will do nothing for her. As for how much to give her, that is something you can easily call the vet for and run it buy them. Most won't require you to visit them before the suggest what mg to give her. The amount will entirely depend on her weight and how many times a day will depend on the severity of her allergies. One of my beagles has terrible allergies and I have to give him 25mg 3x a day.

• If you haven't tried changing dog food to a grain free you might try that first as this is what helped my GSD. Because your vet knows your dogs history call and ask them about dosage, safer than what you may get on here. My vet was the one suggested changing dog food and if that failed then we would try meds.