How Do I Build A Strong Relationship With My Dog?

I have a lab/collie mix he's 2years old and i want him to find a good friend in me and i want us to become every close to the point when he follows everywere that i go.PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING.Thanks.

I have a lab/collie mix he's 2years old and i want him to find a good friend in me and i want us to become every close to the point when he follows everywere that i go.PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING.Thanks....
    General Dog Discussions : How Do I Build A Strong Relationship With My Dog?...

• How Do I Build A Strong Relationship With My Dog?

How Do I Build A Strong Relationship With My Dog? General Dog Discussions
      I have a lab/collie mix he's 2years old and i want him to find a good friend in me and i want us to become every close to the point when he follows everywere that i go.PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING.Thanks.

How Do I Build A Strong Relationship With My Dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Ha ha my little cocker spaniel follows me every where and trust me you will get tired of it at times. I always let him sleep near me and pet him and talk to him. I have a bigger dog too and I give her the same attention, even though she doen't sit in my lap. Play with him every day. Give him lots of attention and treats. Some animals aren't that social so don't get discouraged.

• let him sleep with you & spend every min. you can with him play with him one game that will real bond the 2 of you is hid & seek you hid if he dose not come right away then call him I let him find you & when he does praise him in a real excited voice have fun

• To get your dog to follow you around and like being around you, you need to spend time with him. What i mean, when you are sitting down or watching tv, you should sit with HIM and pet him. Eventually he will stay around you more.

• the best way to have a good, strong relationship with your dog is if you treat him like a dog! you are in charge. you should take him for a walk first thing in a morning, and last thing at night. if you can have him out during the day as well, well even better! you should take him to obedience, or at least train him at home. a dog looks up to a leader and if you are calm, and give praise for things done right then he will know what you want of him. if he does something wrong, show him what to do and then praise. don't yell at or hit a dog. however he may not want to follow you around constantly! let him have his own off lead time and time to interact with other dogs as well.

• Take him places - lots and lots of places. Go for long walks, and teach your dog good, basic obedience. Find a job for him to do - Agility is great for the mixed breed you describe - and go have fun!I guarantee that he will bond very,very closely if you do these three things. Both those breeds live to serve and he will be your pal for life.

• Take obedience classes together. You will learn what your dog needs from you. Your dog will learn that you are the leader and will respect you. This is the basis of an everlasting friendship with your dog.