Why does my yorkie go poop and pee on the floor about 2 times a day ?

p.s. it is a girl dog we owned for 2years and she about 3 or 4 years old and it is a yorkie. I take her out side every day in the morning( before work) and in the evening ( after work) she does her thing. but why does she still pee and poop on the floor?…

p.s. it is a girl dog we owned for 2years and she about 3 or 4 years old and it is a yorkie. I take her out side every day in the morning( before work) and in the evening ( after work) she does her thing. but why does she still pee and poop on the floor?…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why does my yorkie go poop and pee on the floor about 2 times a day ?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why does my yorkie go poop and pee on the floor about 2 times a day ?

Why does my yorkie go poop and pee on the floor about 2 times a day ? General Dog Discussions
      p.s. it is a girl dog we owned for 2years and she about 3 or 4 years old and it is a yorkie. I take her out side every day in the morning( before work) and in the evening ( after work) she does her thing. but why does she still pee and poop on the floor? she does NOT have a urinary tract infection.p.s. it is a girl dog we owned for 2years and she about 3 or 4 years old and it is a yorkie. I take her out side every day in the morning about 7am( before work) and in the evening about 3pm-5pm ( after work) she does her thing. but why does she still pee and poop on the floor? she does NOT have a urinary tract infection. I got the dog from a pev owner I think she was about 1year old at the time.

Why does my yorkie go poop and pee on the floor about 2 times a day ? General Dog Discussions
    • i have a silky - cousin to the yorkie, basically look the same but are a bit larger...by 2pds maybe. they are VERY hard to housebreak and are very stubborn. you have to have tons of time to dedicate to them...ours took a good 3 yrs to be fully house broke. terriers are tough little dogs!

• Dogs will go to the bathroom after they wake up from a nap or play with something or someone. I think the best thing to do is either to crate her or teach her how to go on doggy pads while you are away.

• You don't mention if you've owned her since she was a puppy or not, so I don't know anything about her being potty trained originally or if you ever crate trained her. I have a Corgi and an Australian Shepherd and crate training both of them was the smartest thing I ever did. It takes a while, and dealing with a lot of whining, but eventually they LOVE their crate, and will be happy in it when you cannot be around. If you can't crate her while you are at work since that is a long time to be cooped up, I would try keeping her in a confined space in the house, such as one room. Dogs don't like to be around their own feces and will be more hesitant to go in an area that they have to stay in. Also, make sure any accidents and cleaned up very well, because otherwise the dog smells it, and gets attached to certain spots in the house, and will go there over and over again. Praise her ALOT when she goes outside, make her feel like the greatest dog ever, and never yell at her if you come home and she has already had an accident, only scold if you catch her in the act. Good luck!

• Without more info from you, the best anyone here can do is guess.You say you take her out in the morning...is this at 6am? 10am? And the other time she is taken out is in the evening...again, 5pm? 8pm? How long does this dog go without having access to being outside? It could be she simply can't hold it for long periods of time.Also, do you give her a supply of food and a lot of water while you are gone? She may eat/drink out of boredom if home alone, then find it necessary to relieve herself.Is she going in specific places in the home? Is she just dribbling a tiny amount, pooping just one stool? If either of these are the case, she might be claiming territory, whereby you need to address alpha issues with her.Does she have Seperation Anxiety? One very common trait with this issue is urinating/defecating, which is caused by fear of being alone. Another trait is the dog destroying property, or howling/barking excessively while left alone.I'm glad you have had her checked for medical problems. I would suggest you consult a trainer/behaviorist in your community so they can ask you these questions and help you find a solution.Good luck!

• I took on a male Yorkie 3yrs ago who had been passed from one owner to another and not one person tried to housebreak him.(I became his 6th owner in his life with him being passed down from the last 4 within 6 months time.)Last owner who gave the dog to me suggested that I have him neutered but I want to breed him if I can find a 14 pound female near me.I let my dogs run in and out of the house and keep them in during adverse weather so I had to try and house break this little guy.He was scolded when he "marked" his territory while in the house and was immediately put outside.Once he and I started understanding each other and he knew what he was doing was wrong he became workable.The little guy gets doggie treats when he goes out to pee. . even 3yrs later.He would eat nothing but biscuits if I let him.He wants the doggie biscuits so bad I have actually seen him go outside,stand at the edge of the porch and turn back to come in and get a biscuit but I am wise to his trick and he doesn't get a biscuit until he goes outside.My major problems have pretty much disappeared but because he is an unneutered male he does still tend to "mark" his spots from time to time.If I catch him and see that gleam in his eye just before he does his thing I yell at him "Don't you pee in my house" and he will head outside.Perhaps you should ration out the water but not so as to cause dehydration.When you take her outside,carry treats with you and when she performs as she should then give her a treat. . .find one she just loves more than any other.Scold her when she has done wrong and take her out until she does good and then give her a treat and LOTS of praise.Yorkie's are known for their tenacious behavior and their stubborness therefore they were bred for "Ratting"(chasing rats) in England. . .they rarely give up until they have their rat.Only special people can own and tolerate Yorkies.