Could your period effect your dog in any way?

I was watching the Dog Whisperer and he made a comment of how when we're on our period we have effects on our dogs but he didn't go into much detail. So i'm just wondering because i have a puppy and a 3year old chi.

I was watching the Dog Whisperer and he made a comment of how when we're on our period we have effects on our dogs but he didn't go into much detail. So i'm just wondering because i have a puppy and a 3year old chi....
    General Dog Discussions : Could your period effect your dog in any way?...

• Could your period effect your dog in any way?

Could your period effect your dog in any way? General Dog Discussions
      I was watching the Dog Whisperer and he made a comment of how when we're on our period we have effects on our dogs but he didn't go into much detail. So i'm just wondering because i have a puppy and a 3year old chi.

Could your period effect your dog in any way? General Dog Discussions
    • OMG! I saw that same show and was trying to tell my boyfriend about it. I have a 3 month old pitbull who is obviously not neutered.But you know what, my cycle started this week and I haven't noticed anything different w/ the dog. Maybe when he gets older.

• Well the strongest sense in a dog is smell. So that's one possibility. Also mood swings may be picked up by a dog as would any pain you might suffer at this time. So I guess the answer is a guarded yes.

• I know they can smell it when we have our period (I had noticed a few times my dogs trying to sniff down there during my period, but they wouldn't do it any other time) but I never noticed any effects on my dogs when I had it. Now you've got me wondering what kind of effect it can have...

• It will effect your dogs, but some are effected differently. My dogs keep trying to ....sniff me and the more aggressive dogs became more protective of me and hung around me a lot, the others tried to stay away from me or were extra sappy when they played with me. One even tried to hump my arm once.....