will my dog be ok if i move to a colder climate?

We live in Texas At the moment. We will be moving to Michigan soon, i was wondering if she will adapt or will she just not be able to live up there? She is a 3year old, 4lb chi.I know for a fact she does not like to get her paws wet! I would definitely…

We live in Texas At the moment. We will be moving to Michigan soon, i was wondering if she will adapt or will she just not be able to live up there? She is a 3year old, 4lb chi.I know for a fact she does not like to get her paws wet! I would definitely…...
    General Dog Discussions : will my dog be ok if i move to a colder climate?...

• will my dog be ok if i move to a colder climate?

will my dog be ok if i move to a colder climate? General Dog Discussions
      We live in Texas At the moment. We will be moving to Michigan soon, i was wondering if she will adapt or will she just not be able to live up there? She is a 3year old, 4lb chi.I know for a fact she does not like to get her paws wet! I would definitely have to get booties and a warm coat/ jacket... I just dnt want her to get hurt or anything. I want to keep her as safe as possible..

will my dog be ok if i move to a colder climate? General Dog Discussions
    • You should take her to a cold place for a day and see how she reacts to the change of weather. I think each dog has his likes and dislikes.. maybe she'll love it but maybe not. I mean you can always dress her up with furry cotes and wool boots but the cold might hurt her. Check it out

• Yes they adapt over time but a dog with no fur needs help with a jacket to stay warm and their feet need protection too. They adjust like humans do but can only go so far.In winter her trips outside will be very quick and brief.

• assuming she is an inside dog she will be fine. 3years old is still young.if she is an outside dog however you should start getting her used to cold weather before you go