Which pet is easier to train a rottweiler or a pit bull?

Am trying to get a puppy and i can't decide between a rottweiler and a pit bull.Which one is easier to train?

Am trying to get a puppy and i can't decide between a rottweiler and a pit bull.Which one is easier to train?...
    General Dog Discussions : Which pet is easier to train a rottweiler or a pit bull?...

• Which pet is easier to train a rottweiler or a pit bull?

Which pet is easier to train a rottweiler or a pit bull? General Dog Discussions
      Am trying to get a puppy and i can't decide between a rottweiler and a pit bull.Which one is easier to train?

Which pet is easier to train a rottweiler or a pit bull? General Dog Discussions
    • I'd say a rottweiler, they are far less unpredictable.I have owned both before I discovered that my constant eye problems and sneezing was due to being allergic to dogs. How it took me until I was 30 to work out I will never understand.Anyway in my experience a pitbull may seem tame and calm as mine did then for some reason just flip. Mine was 4years old and really well trained when it suddenly for no reason (on a leash) attacked and killed 2 yorkies biting me and their owner at the same time.Needless to say I had him immediately euthanized - would have anyway but didn't have a choice as by then the dangerous dogs act (UK) was in place.My rottweiler was the opposite, he'd be more likely to pull me over trying to escape if a yorkie came towards me but was an excellent guard dog and extremely loyal. If the yorkie he was scared of had attacked me he would have defended me. He was brilliant when it came to dog obedience classes etc and literally bomb proof when it came to walking near roads and heavy traffic.If you think about it worldwide several police forces use rottweilers none use pitbulls

• a pit bull, rottweilers CAN be easier to train, but most I have meet have just been big bull dozers a pit bull is breed to please people, however, like any large dog you have to be consistent with ALL training because of their size.Also, if you chose to get a pit bull, you would have to be prepared to deal with discrimination of the breed.

• Both are hard headed lol. But in my experience if you take them to training classes the Pittie is easier to train. Some Rottweilers are extremely easy but I have only met a few that wouldn't just look at you like "yeah i'll get right on that" lol.With either of these animals you cannot be "meek" you have to be the 'alpha' dog so to speak. They have to have a dominant but soft owner or they can overpower you quickly. Not talking aggression I am talking taking you on a walk instead of the other way around, and not doing what they are supposed to do and doing what they aren't supposed to do. Consistency is the key with both breeds. Either choice is an excellent choice if you are willing to work with their hard heads lol.I love them and if they weren't prone to being dog aggressive I would have a pit bull but I have a dog now that is just now accepting the other dogs in the house and she has to be watched carefully around other dogs. Research research research.

• Anytime you have a large, powerful breed like a Staffy or Rottie, you have to be consistent. That's why I'm reluctant to say one is easier than the other. I have to give my honest opinion here: If you have to ask which is easiest to train, I don't think you should opt for either at this time. Each breed requires a strong, firm, but loving alpha. That being said, I've lived with both (and currently live with a Staffy) so I can say that, when well mannered, they are both lovable lunatics:)Don't forget to check your state ordinances. Staffies, Rotties, Mastiffs, and German Shepherds, and Doberman Pinchers are illegal in certain towns within my state. Also, be mindful of who you are getting your dog from. With staffies, you need to check whether the sire or dam have histories of severe dog aggression, or hip dysplasia, just off the top of my head.