help i have a 4year old German Shepard mix that is extremely aggressive toward other dogs and i cant get?

her problem started when she was 2 and it is getting worse she starting to turn on me

help i have a 4year old German Shepard mix that is extremely aggressive toward other dogs and i cant get?

her problem started when she was 2 and it is getting worse she starting to turn on me...
    General Dog Discussions : help i have a 4year old German Shepard mix that is extremely aggressive toward other dogs and i cant get?...

• help i have a 4year old German Shepard mix that is extremely aggressive toward other dogs and i cant get?

help i have a 4year old German Shepard mix that is extremely aggressive toward other dogs and i cant get? General Dog Discussions
      her problem started when she was 2 and it is getting worse she starting to turn on me

help i have a 4year old German Shepard mix that is extremely aggressive toward other dogs and i cant get? General Dog Discussions
    • I have the same problem but my dog attacked me. You just have to forgive your dog for turning on you. And my dog is extremely agressive just dont over welm them with dogs. Take on the problem slow and show them that there is no reason to be agressive. Just take it slow and dont worry.

• I agree with walking lady. Get her evaluated by professionals, and get some serious trainers involved, maybe ask your vet for a referral. You may have to consider putting her down, so be prepared. any dog that will turn on their owner is dangerous. She does not respect you as the head of the house and that size dog could do some damage one day. I know she is a member of your family, but she is a dog and you need to remember that. She is not thinking how you are thinking and you have no idea whats going on in her head. Good Luck, and I hope you can fix her.

• I had a dog that was extremely dog aggressive and I paid a lot of money for a dog psychologist who had no answer and was a waste of money.Aggression towards all dogs is not normal dog behaviour. They are pack animals and so they have a natural tendency to peaceful living.Go to your vet in case there is a medical reason. There are a number of medical possibilities.I'm sorry to say that the most likely reason is because of the way you treat her. If she sees herself as the pack leader, then she will believe that it is her responsibility to decide which dogs are allowed to approach and that may mean none. And if you object then she will have to put you in your place.What you need to do is assert yourself as pack leader. So you need to do things like feed her straight after you have eaten. Make sure she is calm before you leave the house. Never let her walk through a door before you. Never let her walk in front of you. When she becomes aggressive towards another dog it happens very fast, but you have to watch for the first signs such as staring and try to snap her out of it before it escalates. It is not easy to do this on your own so I think it would be a good idea to get the help of a professional who is conversant with the techniques of Cesar Milan who has great success in rehabilitating aggressive dogs. His website is http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/.I have a link to a very cost effective dog-training program on my blog, but from what you say I think my approach would be vet first then seek professional help.I hope that this is useful to youJulianwww.dogtrainingtheeasyway.com