I have a 5year old Rottie and She is allways biting Her butt and around Her stubby Just this time of year?

Could it be fleas? or Thyroid?

I have a 5year old Rottie and She is allways biting Her butt and around Her stubby Just this time of year?

Could it be fleas? or Thyroid?...
    General Dog Discussions : I have a 5year old Rottie and She is allways biting Her butt and around Her stubby Just this time of year?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have a 5year old Rottie and She is allways biting Her butt and around Her stubby Just this time of year?

I have a 5year old Rottie and She is allways biting Her butt and around Her stubby Just this time of year? General Dog Discussions
      Could it be fleas? or Thyroid?

I have a 5year old Rottie and She is allways biting Her butt and around Her stubby Just this time of year? General Dog Discussions
    • I would think that since it occours this time of year that its some type of allergy..it could be a flea allergy, or it could be an allergy to some kind of pollen.The vet could prescribe some type of allergy medication to help relieve the itching.. a cortisone shot may also help to provide relief.

• I have a 6 YR old rottie that does the exact same thing. Its fleas. my dog has a minor allergic reaction to the fleas in that area, right above the stubby tail. and the thyroid gland deals with metabolism, not skin. try some flea meds, and deposit them a little above that area, since she is biting there, yoiu dont want her to ingest it. if it doesnt clear up, go o the vets and get some higher strength meds. it could also be flea dermititis, which is an allergic reaction to fleas. my dog has this.