Bringing a one year old Persian cat home?

Any advices?Could I bring a dog afterwards?

Any advices?Could I bring a dog afterwards?...
    General Dog Discussions : Bringing a one year old Persian cat home?...

• Bringing a one year old Persian cat home?

Bringing a one year old Persian cat home? General Dog Discussions
      Any advices?Could I bring a dog afterwards?

Bringing a one year old Persian cat home? General Dog Discussions
    • do you have all the proper things you need for a cat e.g litter box, food, food bowls, a few toys, somewhere for the cat to sleep?You could try to bring a dog home and see if it gets along with your cat. cause some cats and dogs get along fine and then some don't

• One year old may be a problem, as the cat's already mature. And if by 'a dog' you mean the one on your avatar - she may be freaking out just by the sight of him/her. From personal experience, I can say it worked for me. In a different situation: the cat was a kitten and the dog has already been with us for a year. And they were both mixed breed. They were the best of pals after no time. Nothing we did: all their doing. I now have a Scottie (5years) who goes wild at a cat the moment he spots her. He's always been like that. The one before him, also a Scottie, was great with cats. We raised them the same way and I often wondered if there's anything people can do or is it entirely up to their instincts. The technical part of arranging everything for a cat's new home could be taken from the previous owners. They'd be the best source of information as to what her likes and dislikes are.

• I have two Persians - both rescues. One was two and half when I adopted him and the other five. Persians are generally very laid back cats and settle into their surroundings quicker than other cats. My kitties just kinda looked around a bit then at me like "Nice place... this'll do." lol It sounds like you don't have other cats currently? Both of mine get along fine with the dog - though Spooky - the five year old - will hiss at him if he gets too close - probably just because the dog's so large.As for caring for a Persian - have you had one before? If not, here's some info. Royal Canin for Persians is a great dry food for them. It's even shaped specially for their little flat faces. You should make sure the kitty gets a mostly canned food diet, though. There's lots of great brands - Nutro, Avomed, Merrick's. As for grooming get a wide-spaced steel comb - you can't brush a Persian's coat as you'll break the hairs. Persians need to be thoroughly combed daily through shedding season (you'll know - lots of hair floating around lol) and then every couple of days after. For keeping their eyes nice and clear and their fur tear-stain free there's a great product called Eye Envy - I swear by it. http://www.eyeenvy.comIf you want anymore info about Persians email me through my email address on my profile

• you might want to wait a while before you bring in a dog, long enough for the cat to get used to u and your house. then bring in something with the scent of the dog first. put the cat in a seperate room then, under supervision and the dog on a leash, bring the cat out.