Do you think i should get another dog?

Hi I currently have 2 dogs a Staffordshire bull terrier (5year old) and a Keeshond (11years old). I rescued them both and they get on really well but im worried about my Staffy, because my keeshond is quite old and he just seems really tired now im…

Hi I currently have 2 dogs a Staffordshire bull terrier (5year old) and a Keeshond (11years old). I rescued them both and they get on really well but im worried about my Staffy, because my keeshond is quite old and he just seems really tired now im…...
    General Dog Discussions : Do you think i should get another dog?...

• Do you think i should get another dog?

Do you think i should get another dog? General Dog Discussions
      Hi I currently have 2 dogs a Staffordshire bull terrier (5year old) and a Keeshond (11years old). I rescued them both and they get on really well but im worried about my Staffy, because my keeshond is quite old and he just seems really tired now im worried that if my keeshond dies i dont know what my staffy would do because she relies on him so much. I really want a Pomeranian , do you think it would be a good idea?Thanks x

Do you think i should get another dog? General Dog Discussions
    • well you dont want to bring in a new dog and stress out your old dog even more. Wait till your keeshond goes, then see how your staffordshire acts, if shes devistated save another life and find a pomeranian that needs a home. But if i were you i wouldnt bring in another dog and stress out the old dog. its going to make him feel like hes overwhelmed and the new dog is gonna want to play and want attention which will take attention away from the keeshond and if hes old and tired all of this will be hard on him

• I agree with Jamie. I would wait a little before you get another dog. Your Keeshond could still have a few more years left in him and you don't want to bring in a dog that could stress him out. Your Staffie could possibly be fine without a dog companion but if she is miserable without a dog companion you could always go and find a compatible dog. It's really your choice, if you really want a Pom now and you KNOW you can handle a 3rd dog then go for it. BUT I would try to find one that won't bug your Keeshond and bring both your dogs to meet the new dog before you bring him/her home to make sure they will all get along.