how can I get my dog back? :(?

Hi, My 6year old female rottweiler was lost May 29 with 4 puppies. I am blind by one eye and had a trauma around this time, I wasnt able to look for my dog but I did as much as possible by knocking on some neighbor doors. My daughter found out about my…

Hi, My 6year old female rottweiler was lost May 29 with 4 puppies. I am blind by one eye and had a trauma around this time, I wasnt able to look for my dog but I did as much as possible by knocking on some neighbor doors. My daughter found out about my…...
    General Dog Discussions : how can I get my dog back? :(?...

• how can I get my dog back? :(?

how can I get my dog back? :(? General Dog Discussions
      Hi, My 6year old female rottweiler was lost May 29 with 4 puppies. I am blind by one eye and had a trauma around this time, I wasnt able to look for my dog but I did as much as possible by knocking on some neighbor doors. My daughter found out about my dog being lost on June 22, and on June 23 she visited humane society and shelters searching for the dog. She came across an ad on craigslist stating on May 30- FOUND ROTTWEILER -female rottie found on 5/29/10 on Cortez and 8th st please contact. My daughter contacted this number and they stated the dog was found and her puppies. However, puppies were already in "good homes" (in chicago) and the mom was going to a new home on June 24 and they refused to give her back to us. We threatened to call the police. 6hours later we showed up at their home with the officer, and they had horrible attitude , (they own 4 rottweilers) and took out a skinny female claiming she was the one they found, (which was not our dog) . This female looked extremely young, and didnt look like she had puppies. She also had a collar and didnt run out their home when she could of. They just kept arguing with me and my daughter. There is no proof, HOWEVER - The dog was found the same day mine was lost, a block away from my home and with her puppies. So this definitely had to be her.I would like to know if something can be done with this case, I would love to have my dogs back. This isn't right, and I cant close this case with empty hands. My dog was my happiness, as I lived alone with her and Ive had her for 6years. Please help?I believe we gave them a lot of time to hide her or take her to a friends home. :/ Im searching for a lawyer but its so hard to find one who deals with dogs or animals.

how can I get my dog back? :(? General Dog Discussions
    • That's horrible. I think you did the right thing getting the police involved. But since you said there was no proof there is little to be done. I would post an ad on Craigslist asking for whoever adopted the female rottie to contact you. Ask the police what else can be done.

• omg that's terrible!!!!!! i wish i could come to help u! Keep searching and ask your neighbors and friends to ask their neighbors and friends if they have seen your dog and pups.

• Sure there's proof... a dog that just gave birth will have enlarged nipples, an engorged nipple area, darkened teats (areola) etc..... SO, ask a vet to perform an inspection of the dog they gave you and prove she was not recently pregnant. After this, go to the police and file charges and sue them!

• My friend had a similar problem a few years back. She did not get the puppies back but she did get her female dog back eventually. She had to take them to court. She Had to get the police involved, so made sure you are still in contact with that officer that went with you.If they puppies were small when they left, and they are with good families I would let them be with who they are with, moving a dog around causes stress on them. And im sure you were not going to keep all the puppies? But if u were you can try and get them back. Make sure you have a photo of your dog, have the officer take notice in all her markings (because not ever dog looks alike)You will have to take them to court if they still refuse to give your dog back, I believe judge judy had a case like this as well and i believe she got the dog back. I wish you the best. have hope! and remember to keep contacting that office to make sure ur case is not put off.

• Did they show you the other 3 dogs? If they did, maybe one of them was yours. Also, if you have any picture/videos of you and your dog, show it to the police and they'll probably believe you. Good luck, and I'm very sorry.

• hmm. I don't know how long you've had her, but you guys might've done something she liked before. Does she have a favorite treat? Perhaps a favorite toy. Maybe you can lure her back to you, but i cannot guarantee that her new owner would give her up. Yes, a recently pregnant dog will have enlarged nipples at that time. (as said above) It would be best if you can get her to agree with you to check at the vet together. Before that, try convincing her by telling her that you wont bother her again if the dog happened to not be yours. also, pay for the checkup. Who knows, she might've just ran off to there cause there were other rottweilers. Better luck next time.