is it normal for your cat to dissapear after you get a new dog?

ive had my cat for 7years since she was a kitten and we never had a big dog until a week ago i adopted a German shepherd mix from the SPCA. the dog likes to chase cats and all of our cats are indoor and outdoor cats. the other cats runaway and always…

ive had my cat for 7years since she was a kitten and we never had a big dog until a week ago i adopted a German shepherd mix from the SPCA. the dog likes to chase cats and all of our cats are indoor and outdoor cats. the other cats runaway and always…...
    General Dog Discussions : is it normal for your cat to dissapear after you get a new dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• is it normal for your cat to dissapear after you get a new dog?

is it normal for your cat to dissapear after you get a new dog? General Dog Discussions
      ive had my cat for 7years since she was a kitten and we never had a big dog until a week ago i adopted a German shepherd mix from the SPCA. the dog likes to chase cats and all of our cats are indoor and outdoor cats. the other cats runaway and always come back later but mine hasn't. i love her so much because i got her when my mom had a crazy bf and she was always there with me thru all that kind of stuff but ANYWAYS i would cry myself to sleep every night if she completely ran away. i dont know what id do without her we have a real bond but the dog really scared her. she is a real tuff cat so hopefully she wasent scared that much:[ but do you think she will ever come back?;[and is there a way to stop my new dog from chasing all our cats? will a professional dog trainer help?

is it normal for your cat to dissapear after you get a new dog? General Dog Discussions
    • It's normal for cats to disapear in general. They look to socialize and for mates. My cat just came back after he had been gone for about 5 weeks. He just showed up randomly asking for food. He's been staying home now... I wonder why he decided to come back...

• I think a professional dog trainer will help. After about three days if she doesn't come home, call your local shelter/pound and put up some flyers:). I have a cat who runs away and comes back sometimes for a day sometimes for an hour. I hope you find her!:)