Has anyone else's dog died of kidney failure recently?

We had to put Tako down today, our 7-8year old pound mutt. His kidneys failed. Anyone else have this happen while feeding Kibbles and Bits? I"m not sure, but I think I smell another petfood recall...

We had to put Tako down today, our 7-8year old pound mutt. His kidneys failed. Anyone else have this happen while feeding Kibbles and Bits? I"m not sure, but I think I smell another petfood recall......
    General Dog Discussions : Has anyone else's dog died of kidney failure recently?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Has anyone else's dog died of kidney failure recently?

Has anyone else's dog died of kidney failure recently? General Dog Discussions
      We had to put Tako down today, our 7-8year old pound mutt. His kidneys failed. Anyone else have this happen while feeding Kibbles and Bits? I"m not sure, but I think I smell another petfood recall...

Has anyone else's dog died of kidney failure recently? General Dog Discussions
    • If you are able to do it, find out from your Vet where you can take the food to be tested. There are labs that do it, but don't know how much it costs. Also, you might want to post this question at the following sites that are keeping up with pet food contaminations:http://www.itchmo.comhttp://www.howl911.comHope that helps and very sorry to hear about your dog. Hope it wasn't the food for other dog's sake, but realize it is a possibility.

• I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I know how heartbreaking it can be. I can only recommend starting to look for a new pup now. Look for a newborn and give yourself this time to look forward to the pup. This helps to ease the guilt too.My first thought when seeing your question was to wonder what type of food your dog ate. This was answered when I opened it up.After having to have our 15 year old dog with many long term health issues put down last year, I did a lot of research into canine diet. What I found made me feel incredibly guilty for allowing myself to be convinced by advertisers and manufacturers that I was feeding my dog the right things. She had arthritis, teeth and gum problems, congestive heart failure, plus she stank and farted like a champion! We loved her though! My new pup, now 9 months, is fed on a carnivore diet based on raw meaty bones and is thriving. The link is a good starting point.