My Dog Whines and Cries when he eats treats.?

My chihuahua whines and runs after eating treats. He eats his dog food fine but if I give him a piece of chicken, he'll eat it and run to a corner and whine. Before that he used to love chicken, he never did this before. Can anyone tell me why?My dog is…

My chihuahua whines and runs after eating treats. He eats his dog food fine but if I give him a piece of chicken, he'll eat it and run to a corner and whine. Before that he used to love chicken, he never did this before. Can anyone tell me why?My dog is…...
    General Dog Discussions : My Dog Whines and Cries when he eats treats.?...

• My Dog Whines and Cries when he eats treats.?

My Dog Whines and Cries when he eats treats.? General Dog Discussions
      My chihuahua whines and runs after eating treats. He eats his dog food fine but if I give him a piece of chicken, he'll eat it and run to a corner and whine. Before that he used to love chicken, he never did this before. Can anyone tell me why?My dog is 4 months old and I haven't seen any blood stains of any sort, but alot of biting lately.

My Dog Whines and Cries when he eats treats.? General Dog Discussions
    • If the chicken has spices on it, it could be causing him to have a tummy ache. Human food isn't healthy for animals to begin with, but it is your decision what you feed your pet. I would discontinue the chicken, and see what happens. Or prepare the chicken differently, and see if he acts different. I would also contact your vet and tell him the stats and see what he suggests. Good Luck.

• By the way how old is your dog?If he's old then it must be teeth & gum problem.My old dog is now 11years old(chi hua hua), also having the same problem, his tooth is in pain when he eat ,his vet told me this is the pain that came form the tooth & gum.Once he eat thing, it teeth move & will cause the gum pain as well.(i also see alot of blood came from it mouth,and i also see alot of blood stain on his blanket,at first i thought it was dirty from it sliaver or dirty he create, then when i see it closely, and smell it, then i relise it was blood stain.My poor dog been having this problem since he is 9years old. so now he is on medcation for the rest of his life.(But if he is a puppy,it will be changing it puppy tooth to Adult tooth, so it will also will be painful) after changing it be back to normal again.I Really hope you will check your dog bed & see any sign of blood stain, if really have, you better go visit his Vet ASAP for advice.I really hope it will not happen to your dog( it really pain to see your dog in pain, when u can't do anything,they will just only cry to tell you they are in pain,it also pain my heart)Hi ,again from the add detail your dog don't have any blood stain, they was good news for me.As he always biteing thing that mean he going to change his puppy teeth to adult teeth, now he is 4month as he changing his tooth ,now you have to buy him more toy for him to bite, or else he will bite your funiture or other thing. As their breed( Chi hua hua ) is very small muzzle, they have problem, in having all 42 teeth in small mouth muzzle,some puppy's baby teeth do not fall out naturally,his mouth may become crowded with "leftover" baby teeth,and the adult teeth will grow in crooked.If this happens,you'll have to consult his veterinarian about the best course of action to remove the "leftover" teeth.Hope this add detail will be helpful to you.