why is my dog drinking lots of water?

my dog just trun 9years old and she is started to drink lots of water she never was like this. shes pissing in the house something she never did

my dog just trun 9years old and she is started to drink lots of water she never was like this. shes pissing in the house something she never did...
    General Dog Discussions : why is my dog drinking lots of water?...

• why is my dog drinking lots of water?

why is my dog drinking lots of water? General Dog Discussions
      my dog just trun 9years old and she is started to drink lots of water she never was like this. shes pissing in the house something she never did

why is my dog drinking lots of water? General Dog Discussions
    • Drinking lots of water and urinating a lot (polydipsia and polyuria or PUPD) is most commonly a symptom of diabetes or kidney problems. Best advice is to get her into a vet right away and have them do a full lab panel. This will check several organ functions and do a blood count to check for infection and other blood disorders. The longer you wait, the worse it will get. If it is diabetes, most dogs can be easily regulated with a diet change and sometimes insulin injections. If it's kidney disease, a diet change can often make it easier for the kidneys to function and will decrease the symptoms and prolong her life. Sometimes additional medications are needed depending on the severity of the disease. There are a few other things it could be, but those two are the most common.But diagnosis is the first step so off to the vet!

• She might be developing diabetes, having trouble maintaining the correct body temperature, having something wrong with her bladder or her kidney. Mainly these symptoms are from developing Diabetes or having something wrong with her kidneys. She could also have an infection or maybe she is just plain thirsty. Your dog should be taken to the vet as soon as possible because this could be serious and your dog might really need help. You dog isn't that young anymore and may be developing problems with her body.Good luck with your dog and I hope she stays healthy. Bye.

• May your dog get " too much " exercise might lead to a lot of thirst, but if you dog is 9years old might just be cause your dog is getting old usualy dogs should get 60 minutes of exercise daily as they age cut down on the exercise usualy around 9years old for a dogs age give them 15 to 20 minutes of exercise take your dog for a little walk around your yard.If your dog still drinks lots of water she might be diabetic dog can have diabeties too. If your dog is diabetic call the vet there might be a cure for it.or again it could just be a thirsty dog give it the same amount of water and food.and make sure your dog is drinking cold water" warm water can make them thirsty still "and also make sure the food you give your dog is healthyif you feed your dog chocolate or chocolate milk it will get thirstyno soda eitherfor food i suggest either lams or taste of the wild. read the nutrition facts also on the food.when you dog gets old like 9years don't feed them the following :icecream food steaming hot or marshmellowthat could also lead them to thirst and beware keep you dogs away from rabbiesthat's why you should keep your dog inside at nightgood luck with your dog anyways!

• Please get her checked out at the vet, there could be many causes,or not as the case may be.My dog did the same last year(when she was 9 too) she had all the tests going which all came back negative and within 4 weeks she went back to her normal levels of drinking and weeing.Better to be safe than sorry