Is my dog okay, he has strange breathing habits randomly at night time?

Hi, my dog randomly starts breathing strangely. At night, his breathing is more rapid then usual, however sometimes not very loud, occasionally, and he gets restless. This has happened twice and I took him out to have some water and let him out to get…

Hi, my dog randomly starts breathing strangely. At night, his breathing is more rapid then usual, however sometimes not very loud, occasionally, and he gets restless. This has happened twice and I took him out to have some water and let him out to get…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is my dog okay, he has strange breathing habits randomly at night time?...

• Is my dog okay, he has strange breathing habits randomly at night time?

Is my dog okay, he has strange breathing habits randomly at night time? General Dog Discussions
      Hi, my dog randomly starts breathing strangely. At night, his breathing is more rapid then usual, however sometimes not very loud, occasionally, and he gets restless. This has happened twice and I took him out to have some water and let him out to get some fresh air, but I don't know. He is a Shitzu x Maltese and is 10years old. Please help me!

Is my dog okay, he has strange breathing habits randomly at night time? General Dog Discussions
    • has he had this all of his life? this could be snorring if he is asleep. or it could be because he has a damaged trachea which my dog has. it's not a problem but it causes the dog to cough or gasp slightly. if your worried talk to the vet about it. but he is 10 you might want to get it checked out.