my dog is breathing heavily, his heart beat is normal?

I was woken up suddenly by my 10year old jack Russell cross half an hour ago. He was breathing rapidly and wheezing / coughing. His heart beat is normal, 30 minutes on he is still breathing rapidly, doesn't want to eat anything, but will drink water. …

I was woken up suddenly by my 10year old jack Russell cross half an hour ago. He was breathing rapidly and wheezing / coughing. His heart beat is normal, 30 minutes on he is still breathing rapidly, doesn't want to eat anything, but will drink water. …...
    General Dog Discussions : my dog is breathing heavily, his heart beat is normal?...

• my dog is breathing heavily, his heart beat is normal?

my dog is breathing heavily, his heart beat is normal? General Dog Discussions
      I was woken up suddenly by my 10year old jack Russell cross half an hour ago. He was breathing rapidly and wheezing / coughing. His heart beat is normal, 30 minutes on he is still breathing rapidly, doesn't want to eat anything, but will drink water. This is very unusual for him, and never looses appetite. Can anyone offer any solutions?Prior to taking him to the vets, I would like to establish any reasons for this unusual behaviour as going in the car will further distress him - he does not like car journeys

my dog is breathing heavily, his heart beat is normal? General Dog Discussions
    • you should talk to a vet, either over the phone or in person. probably a 24 hour one, since most are closed at this time. If it is a real emergency and the dog needs oxygen, call 911.

• I dont think its anything serious he was probably running around a lot before. But if his heart beat is normal than I suggest seeing a vet. But its probably because of old age. Hope this helps!

• Nobody can offer a solution except a vet who examines the dog. We can offer suggestions, though. I suggest you take the dog to the vet if this doesnt stop within a few hours. It could be that he has eaten poison, or worse. Possibly he is having difficulty breathing because his airway is partially blocked by something, or by an allergic reaction to something. I wouldnt wait too long if I were you. Good luck! Hope he is ok!

• your dog may have twisted its stomach or a tumor is developing. honestly i would take him to the vet immediately also he may eaten something that has affected him please get him checked out soon at your local vet because what ever he has eaten could of punctured his stomach.