Why has my dog stopped drinking water?

It's probably been 3 days since my dog drank any water I know she has an infected tooth that were gonna have pulled but shouldn't she still be drinking? Whenever I try to get her to she almost seems like she's scared of the water bowl. What should I do?

It's probably been 3 days since my dog drank any water I know she has an infected tooth that were gonna have pulled but shouldn't she still be drinking? Whenever I try to get her to she almost seems like she's scared of the water bowl. What should I do?...
    General Dog Discussions : Why has my dog stopped drinking water?...

• Why has my dog stopped drinking water?

Why has my dog stopped drinking water? General Dog Discussions
      It's probably been 3 days since my dog drank any water I know she has an infected tooth that were gonna have pulled but shouldn't she still be drinking? Whenever I try to get her to she almost seems like she's scared of the water bowl. What should I do?

Why has my dog stopped drinking water? General Dog Discussions
    • Oh my...she definitely needs to be drinking!! If she's got an infected tooth, it probably hurts to drink. Sensitive to cold water. Maybe heat the water just a bit, like run a little hot water in it too. Maybe lukewarm water won't hurt the tooth. BUT as it is now, you need to take her to the vet, I'm sure she's dehydrated by now and once they are dehydrated, they won't drink and it will only get worse. She needs to go and get put on antibiotics for the tooth and get pain meds AND get some fluids in her. You can't get that tooth pulled if there is infection. Must be free from infection. Can't imagine how much pain she must be in. Dehydrated and an infected tooth..........

• There's a high probability that your attempts at getting her to drink have inadvertently become you claiming the water bowl in her eyes. Stooped over the bowl, playfully splashing it in her direction and talking in your cute puppy voice. Yes, it might work on a human baby with baby food, but to a dog your body language told it to back off your water. Try taking her for a long walk then leave her alone with the water. Leave a big bowl of water outside so the long walk is to the water not simply home to where the water is. Take it on a long walk to where you have a friend waiting with a bowl of water, and let your friend give it water instead. Another thing you can try is giving her ice chips. Just hand them out like a doggy treats.