what can i do to keep my dog from drinking out of the toilet?

yesterday we caught our dog drinking out of the toilet.and now when we give her water out of the sink she wont drink it anymore.before she drunk out of the toilet we were giving her water from the kitchen sink and out of the fridge.so what can we do so…

yesterday we caught our dog drinking out of the toilet.and now when we give her water out of the sink she wont drink it anymore.before she drunk out of the toilet we were giving her water from the kitchen sink and out of the fridge.so what can we do so…...
    General Dog Discussions : what can i do to keep my dog from drinking out of the toilet?...

• what can i do to keep my dog from drinking out of the toilet?

what can i do to keep my dog from drinking out of the toilet? General Dog Discussions
      yesterday we caught our dog drinking out of the toilet.and now when we give her water out of the sink she wont drink it anymore.before she drunk out of the toilet we were giving her water from the kitchen sink and out of the fridge.so what can we do so she won't dehydrate cause she refuse to drink tap water from her dog bowl.

what can i do to keep my dog from drinking out of the toilet? General Dog Discussions
    • Put the toilet seat down and just keep giving her water from the sink.She probably does that cause she is picky and likes just cold water.But if you just leave the toilet seat down all the time, she will have no choice then.She will either never drink again, or get smart and start using her water dish.

• I don't understand the question.Close the lid to the toilet and furthermore close the bathroom door. If she is somehow big enough and strong enough to nose open both of these things, then get some sturdy dog gates and use them so she cannot access the bathroom.If she doesn't like her dog bowl, inspect it for mold and give it a good scrub without soap. If it's a plastic one, consider getting a metal bowl instead.

• Close the lid? Close the bathroom door? Use a baby gate? If she has access to FRESH water she will drink when thirsty enough. Use stainless steel or ceramic bowls, not plastic. Make sure the bowls are cleaned DAILY and filled fresh two or three times a day.

• She could be drinking out of the toilet because she wants fresh water. You could close the lid and get a metal water bowl. My cat used to be like that. Except she would drink out of a water fountain in my parents room.