How can dogs eat the grosses things but not get sick?

I was getting out of the shower today and I found my dog drinking out of the toilet. I was shocked I never seen a dog drink out of a toilet heard about it just never seen one. So now I ask how can dogs drink out of toilets, eat their own feces, eat other…

I was getting out of the shower today and I found my dog drinking out of the toilet. I was shocked I never seen a dog drink out of a toilet heard about it just never seen one. So now I ask how can dogs drink out of toilets, eat their own feces, eat other…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can dogs eat the grosses things but not get sick?...

• How can dogs eat the grosses things but not get sick?

How can dogs eat the grosses things but not get sick? General Dog Discussions
      I was getting out of the shower today and I found my dog drinking out of the toilet. I was shocked I never seen a dog drink out of a toilet heard about it just never seen one. So now I ask how can dogs drink out of toilets, eat their own feces, eat other animal and dog feces and not get sick???

How can dogs eat the grosses things but not get sick? General Dog Discussions
    • My guess is that it's because dogs have a much quicker digestive system than humans. This is the reason that they can eat stuff like raw chicken and not really feel anything. Once a dog eats, they usually go to the bathroom very quickly...within a half hr it's gone. So, the bacteria moves through their system so quickly that it doesn't stay there long enough to multiply to the point that it would cause the dog severe problems like it would a human.

• Their immune and digestive systems are not built the same as ours. Their stomach digests and accepts almost anything, but it all depends on the breed. If it is a boston terrier, which has a very, very differently built immune system, and only can eat few brands of foods that are so light can be kept down. The bullmastiff, on the other hand can eat almost anything and can keep it down.