How can i train my dog not to be afraid of the water?

My dog is terrified of water he never lets me give him a good scrub I NEED help!!!! How am I gunna teach my dog that water is his friend?

My dog is terrified of water he never lets me give him a good scrub I NEED help!!!! How am I gunna teach my dog that water is his friend?...
    General Dog Discussions : How can i train my dog not to be afraid of the water?...

• How can i train my dog not to be afraid of the water?

How can i train my dog not to be afraid of the water? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is terrified of water he never lets me give him a good scrub I NEED help!!!! How am I gunna teach my dog that water is his friend?

How can i train my dog not to be afraid of the water? General Dog Discussions
    • Gradually and slowly introduce yoru dog to water, along w/ treats and other things that will make being around water with him postive.SLOWLY..introduce him to water. Don't dunk or drop him in water, that will just make the experience w/ water more fearful and it will make him fear water more.

• You need to reinforce trust that you will be there with him and that water play is fun. He probably just associates water with bath and most dogs do not like baths. Use his favorite toy and/or treats to bring him into the shallows. Play with the toy where the game goes in and out of the water shallows. Do not try to hold your dog and carry him into the water. A scared dog can scratch you up pretty quickly.