How can I help my dog get use to being out on his chain?

We have a 4 year old pit and a 1 year old chihuahua. They are both indoor dogs. Though we do put them on their chains for meals. The chihuahua does fine, he could care less. Our pit whines and barks the whole time he is on it. The chains are set…

We have a 4 year old pit and a 1 year old chihuahua. They are both indoor dogs. Though we do put them on their chains for meals. The chihuahua does fine, he could care less. Our pit whines and barks the whole time he is on it. The chains are set…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can I help my dog get use to being out on his chain?...

• How can I help my dog get use to being out on his chain?

How can I help my dog get use to being out on his chain? General Dog Discussions
      We have a 4 year old pit and a 1 year old chihuahua. They are both indoor dogs. Though we do put them on their chains for meals. The chihuahua does fine, he could care less. Our pit whines and barks the whole time he is on it. The chains are set underneath a huge shade tree, they have dog houses, water and plenty of toys. We have been putting him on the chain for almost 2 years now, but he has continued to bark and whine. He gets to run and play in the yard off the chain to, he isn't a chain only outside dog. We have tried playing with him on the chain to try and see if it would help him get use to being on it, but it doesn't. Not sure if it matters but he was aloud to free run for the first two years, The neighbors that moved in a couple years back got chickens and cattle so he wasn't aloud to free run after that.He doesn't bother them, but I would rather be safe then sorry. He is a big baby when in the house as well. He has to be next to either me or my boyfriend at all times and he sleeps in our bed. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.I would like for him to be comfortable on the chain. He has been to a trainer before and we cannot build a fence we are living on a rental property.

How can I help my dog get use to being out on his chain? General Dog Discussions