What causes kidney stones in dogs?? Is it the water we give them out of the tap?

I have friends who yorkshire dogs have had kidney stones. They are now buying their dogs bottled water.Someone told them tap water causes these stones. Can anyone shed some light onn this?

What causes kidney stones in dogs?? Is it the water we give them out of the tap?

I have friends who yorkshire dogs have had kidney stones. They are now buying their dogs bottled water.Someone told them tap water causes these stones. Can anyone shed some light onn this?...
    General Dog Discussions : What causes kidney stones in dogs?? Is it the water we give them out of the tap?...

• What causes kidney stones in dogs?? Is it the water we give them out of the tap?

What causes kidney stones in dogs?? Is it the water we give them out of the tap? General Dog Discussions
      I have friends who yorkshire dogs have had kidney stones. They are now buying their dogs bottled water.Someone told them tap water causes these stones. Can anyone shed some light onn this?

What causes kidney stones in dogs?? Is it the water we give them out of the tap? General Dog Discussions
    • Just like people, some are just prone to making kidney stones.My Husband makes kidney stones like crazy. He does everything the doctor tells him with his diet and still he makes them.There is a special diet they can feed the dog that can help.