Has anyone tried "Dog Rocks" and does it work?

I asked a question yesterday about how to prevent your grass from dying from dog urine and some people suggested dog rocks a mineral rock that is put in the dogs water and it supposedly neutralizes the pH in the urine. Has anyone used these and do they…

I asked a question yesterday about how to prevent your grass from dying from dog urine and some people suggested dog rocks a mineral rock that is put in the dogs water and it supposedly neutralizes the pH in the urine. Has anyone used these and do they…...
    General Dog Discussions : Has anyone tried "Dog Rocks" and does it work?...

• Has anyone tried "Dog Rocks" and does it work?

Has anyone tried "Dog Rocks" and does it work? General Dog Discussions
      I asked a question yesterday about how to prevent your grass from dying from dog urine and some people suggested dog rocks a mineral rock that is put in the dogs water and it supposedly neutralizes the pH in the urine. Has anyone used these and do they work?

Has anyone tried "Dog Rocks" and does it work? General Dog Discussions
    • I'm guessing here, but I'm also a nurse and understand lab values. In a urine analysis the pH is an important diagnostic tool. I would think that anything that affects the pH of urine is going to have an affect on the dog's kidneys, and probably other systems in the dog's body. I don't know. There's a spray you can buy at the pet store that will neutralize urine on the grass, not in the dog. That sounds safer.