can i have my dog trained to attack intruders?

last night my car was vaselined/seran wrapped and i had no clue until morning. i heard my dog barking but thats it. can i have my dog trained to attack people like this, and if so, how much would it cost?

last night my car was vaselined/seran wrapped and i had no clue until morning. i heard my dog barking but thats it. can i have my dog trained to attack people like this, and if so, how much would it cost?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : can i have my dog trained to attack intruders?...

• can i have my dog trained to attack intruders?

can i have my dog trained to attack intruders? Dogs Training Discussions
      last night my car was vaselined/seran wrapped and i had no clue until morning. i heard my dog barking but thats it. can i have my dog trained to attack people like this, and if so, how much would it cost?

can i have my dog trained to attack intruders? Dogs Training Discussions
    • You can, but it's gonna cost thousands and thousands of dollars and the dog might not even be fit for such training, not to mention be killed by animal control for attacking.

• I understand your concern, really I do. I have been there. But it really is not a good idea. They are animals and it is next to impossible to train them to know what an intruder is vs a visitor or innocent passerby. Police dogs are trained by absolute professionals and that is why they are able to follow commands the way they do. So, no. I really think it's a bad idea.

• That would NOT be something that would require a trained protection dog. The dog's are called personal protection dogs for that reason. THEY ARE ONLY FOR SELF AND HOME DEFENSE!!! If you were have released a protection dog on someone doing that to your car, you'd get charged with excessive use of force and other legalities.I suggest doing your research on the legalities of owning a protection dog before even thinking about purchasing one. Your insurance won't go up, but know that your dog WON'T BE COVERED!!! Trained protection dogs are not covered period. You wouldn't be able to use your own dog or have it trained because contrary to popular belief... NOT ALL DOGS HAVE WHAT IT TAKES!! To get a proper protection dog, the dog has to pass strict evaluations, and most pet dogs don't have the proper temperament, physical attributes, drive, etc. Do more research.

• Only dogs that are properly trained (which costs thousands of dollars) should be "guard" dogs. Alerting you by barking is all you can reasonably expect your dog to do. You heard your dog barking; why didn't you investigate? Pet dogs are NOT literal "guard" dogs, and you shouldn't expect them to be.

• Yes, if you have the right dog. It sounds like your dog did try to warn you already. Perhaps that is all you needed. You just failed to listen to him. Next time get up and check out what he is barking at, especially if this is not normal for him. My little dog warned me once. I almost did not listen, however, I did choose to get up and lock my bedroom door and saved myself. Training an attack dog cost a few hundred dollars, if you already have the dog. Please check with a reputable dog trainer, however, and have it done right and make sure that you also get all of the training to handle an attack dog. In the meantime, how about just trying out a sign, "CAUTION: ATTACK DOG ON PREMISES

• It is possible to train a dog to stop an intruder from entering your home. its better if you actually get a dog thats built for guarding houses such as german sheperds or a rottweiler. Try reading a book about dog training to help you understand how these things work and may be you can even train your dog yourself, in that way you can be sure of how well your dog can protect your home in events like you have mentioned. try checking http://www.antileon-ent.com/dog/ - they have a good set of advices about dog training that you can try out to your own dog, in that way, it can even save you some money :)