How can i check if my dog is kennel club registered?

I recently brought a dog. She has come with a hand written 5 generation pedigree certificate, there is a kennel club number on it. No kennel club paperwork was included. I have tried the kennel club website, but there is nowhere i can trace the kc…

I recently brought a dog. She has come with a hand written 5 generation pedigree certificate, there is a kennel club number on it. No kennel club paperwork was included. I have tried the kennel club website, but there is nowhere i can trace the kc…...
    General Dog Discussions : How can i check if my dog is kennel club registered?...

• How can i check if my dog is kennel club registered?

How can i check if my dog is kennel club registered? General Dog Discussions
      I recently brought a dog. She has come with a hand written 5 generation pedigree certificate, there is a kennel club number on it. No kennel club paperwork was included. I have tried the kennel club website, but there is nowhere i can trace the kc number. Can someone help please?

How can i check if my dog is kennel club registered? General Dog Discussions
    • FiFi, when you buy a dog that is supposed to be registerd, they give you the papers of the parents registry. You then are supposed to fill those papers out with your name and the name of the dog and send them in with their fee. The AKC will then send you a paper with your dogs registry number. Yes, you need to contact the AKC and ask if the dogs are registered. If they aren't and you paid a good price, you need to contact the people you bought the dog from and speak with them about it. good luck

• If the dog was registered the breeder should have transfered you the dogs papers. I wouldnt trust a hand written certificate. Go back to the breeder and get the info on the dogs sire and b.i.t.c.h (their akc or wkc registration) and register your dog yourself.Good luck!!

• It depends what country your in Fifi. If it is the actual Kennel Club (as in the UK Kennel Club) you will have to phone them with the KC number of the dam to make sure that the breeder has registered the litter. Most breeders have the paperwork already available for you to take away when you collect the puppy so that you can transfer the dogs ownership to your name asap, but occasionally it can take a few weeks to get sorted and the breeder will forward it on to you. Did the breeder tell you that the dog was KC registered? Good Luck