Can you sue your pet agent for putting the wrong micro-chip in his head?

I took my dog to get his shots and he ask me If my dog had a chip in his head I said answer.He than check an it wasn't the same .What would you do in case like these .I got all my papers on my dog.How much I paid for him.Need some advice.I'm very mad…

I took my dog to get his shots and he ask me If my dog had a chip in his head I said answer.He than check an it wasn't the same .What would you do in case like these .I got all my papers on my dog.How much I paid for him.Need some advice.I'm very mad…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can you sue your pet agent for putting the wrong micro-chip in his head?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can you sue your pet agent for putting the wrong micro-chip in his head?

Can you sue your pet agent for putting the wrong micro-chip in his head? General Dog Discussions
      I took my dog to get his shots and he ask me If my dog had a chip in his head I said answer.He than check an it wasn't the same .What would you do in case like these .I got all my papers on my dog.How much I paid for him.Need some advice.I'm very mad because if my dog got lost I could never get him back.I paid for it and they need to fix.

Can you sue your pet agent for putting the wrong micro-chip in his head? General Dog Discussions
    • It does not go into the head, it goes into the scruff of the neck. The chip comes with a number, the number can be scanned at any vet clinic. YOUR PAPERWORK has the dog's number. Have that checked against what the vet reads on the chip with their hand held reader. If the number is different, then the paperwork got mixed up. All you do is call the company that hosts the chip's number (it's on your paperwork, or your vet can get you their phone number) and update them. It's no big deal. Dogs that are adopted or sold and already have a chip need their new owners to update the info, the companies can do this quickly and without fuss. Why you feel the need to start a lawsuit over a $30 chip is beyond me. Just call and correct their records. Sheesh.