How to protect yourself from your dog's fleas and ticks?

I dont know how to protect myself from my dog fleas and ticks, I've bath her(my dog) 3 times a week and I clean myself everyday but I still found some fleas on her and I can feel that something moving on my head and it's itching, I think it's must be…

I dont know how to protect myself from my dog fleas and ticks, I've bath her(my dog) 3 times a week and I clean myself everyday but I still found some fleas on her and I can feel that something moving on my head and it's itching, I think it's must be…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How to protect yourself from your dog's fleas and ticks?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to protect yourself from your dog's fleas and ticks?

How to protect yourself from your dog's fleas and ticks? Other Pet Discussions
      I dont know how to protect myself from my dog fleas and ticks, I've bath her(my dog) 3 times a week and I clean myself everyday but I still found some fleas on her and I can feel that something moving on my head and it's itching, I think it's must be flea or a tick from her cos she's played with me all the time. I dont know what to do.I know you might say clearn yourself and your dog more often and I knew that but I'd like to know more if you have any more advice for me, thanks everyone in advance.

How to protect yourself from your dog's fleas and ticks? Other Pet Discussions
    • go to your vet and get your dog on flea and tick medicine, you won't be free of the fleas until she is. Then start in one room of your house/apartment and clean everything in that room (dust, mop, wash the linens, everything). this way you will be sure your home is free. and remember, if you feel this way, think how your dog feels- take her/him to the vet and get rid of those fleas!!!

• Sometimes fleas are just a seasonal thing. We used to have that problem all the time with our cats. We havent noticed anything lately with them but my advice is to deflea them regularly. Just like when you get nats you have to get rid of the old bananas or whatever......fleas won't bug you if you rid the source....your dogs fleas!

• My younger brother was 'eaten' by fleas, more than the rest of the family (when we were kids) His doctor prescribed B complex vitamins, and it helped a lot...the fleas didn't find him so tasty anymore..

• You have to treat your dog properly - otherwise you'll have a recurring problem. Bathing a dog is not going to get rid of fleas and if she has ticks then you need to take her to the vet to have it removed as it possible for dogs to die as a result of contracting ticks. If you want to treat your dogs fleas in a really easy and effective manner, then you need to purchase a product like revolution which is an all-in-one de-flea-er available from vets and pet stores. Don't buy the crappy tablets from the supermarket as they don't work - you need to get proper veterinary approved medication

• Its not a flea in your hair. People dont get fleas. They can bite you but you cant "catch" them. Dont bath your dog that much, or she will get severly dry skin. If you have 15 dollars go to your local vet and but ADVANTAGE, or REVOLUTION. Its hard to get the fleas out of your carpet and such, but stop bathing her and get her some flea medicine. My dog had fleas but i get her revolution once a month and I havnt has a problem yet. GOOD LUCK ;)

• take your dog to the vet and get her looked at. the vet might give you a medicine similar to Advantage. once a month, you put it on the back of your dogs neck and it spreads over her body in within 24 hours. i can't remember how it works exactly, and your vet will give you the details. but we started doing that for my dog when she had fleas and we haven't had a problem since then. she was 2 years old at the time and now she is 11. talk to your vet though, he or she will know how to handle the situation best.

• You are bathing your dog too much and it is not doing any good, other than drying out her skin. You need to use frontline or Advantix on her once a month. It is the best way to rid you dogs of fleas and ticks. You will also need to treat your home and your yard, or they will keep reinfesting. You can bring them in on your clothes, shoes, etc. The best way for you to avoid being infested with fleas and ticks is to make sure the dog doesn't have them. She needs to be protected too.

• You definately need to get your dog to the vet. You can have your dog dipped to get rid of the problem now. Use bombs to rid your house of the fleas and when you bathe your dog use Avon Skin So Soft bath oil .You might need to dilute it just a little. The fleas will fall off of your dog immediately. Also use SSS on yourself. It keeps all flying insects away and definately kills fleas. You should still use Advantage or whatever your vet recommends. Don't let your dog suffer anymore.

• There are two wonderful anti flea and tick medication that actually works and WILL kill most of the fleas and ticks on your dog within 24 hours of applying it. One is called Frontline and the other is called Advantage. You can walk into the vet's office and pick some up without an appointment.Also, flea bomb your house. If that's too involved then there's some stuff you can sprinkle on the carpet and vacuum up. Do this as directed. But definatly get your dog some Frontline or Advantage.

• First, get rid of the fleas from your home. After that, bathe your dog in ultra Dawn, Sponge with white vinegar and rinse. Your dog will never have fleas. Bathing your dog three times a week is far too much. You are drying her skin out and if you are using flea soap you could be poisoning her.I've used the Ultra Dawn and vinegar method on my four toy poodles for five years. They play outdoors all day and yet I have never seen a flea on them or in the house. They never scratch themselves. I bathe them once a month.