My dogs have tick is there an at home way to get rid of them?

is there any home remedies for ticks and fleas? I recently noticed them itching a lot and when I checked them out I saw these blackish reddish little ticks. Im not sure which medication to buy them either but i defiantly want to try a home remedy…

is there any home remedies for ticks and fleas? I recently noticed them itching a lot and when I checked them out I saw these blackish reddish little ticks. Im not sure which medication to buy them either but i defiantly want to try a home remedy…...
    Other Pet Discussions : My dogs have tick is there an at home way to get rid of them?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My dogs have tick is there an at home way to get rid of them?

My dogs have tick is there an at home way to get rid of them? Other Pet Discussions
      is there any home remedies for ticks and fleas? I recently noticed them itching a lot and when I checked them out I saw these blackish reddish little ticks. Im not sure which medication to buy them either but i defiantly want to try a home remedy first.Thanks for your help

My dogs have tick is there an at home way to get rid of them? Other Pet Discussions
    • There are no effective home remedies for ticks and fleas. Go to the vet and get the proper medication and be done with the problem. You can pluck ticks off with tweezers but be sure you get the whole tick out because if you pull the thing in half and leave half stuck in the dog's skin it can become infected.

• First off, don't try to just pull them out. I've had many animals with ticks. Here's how to get rid of them; 1. Rub rubbing alcohol over the area.2. Heat up a pair of tweezers (with a lighter) Careful not to burn yourself or the dog.3. Carefully place the tweezers around the tick, as close to the skin as possible, but without touching the skin. 4. Very gently squeeze and pull. You should feel the tick start to release.5. Check theres nothing left of the tick in the dogs skin. Clean with rubbing alcohol.This takes practice and patience. Not all ticks will release from the skin. Don't pull it if it wont release. Wait a week and try again.

• Well. Ticks>*You could get a paper towel / tweezers & pull 'em off. Then dispose.*Apply heat to tweezers Then grab them (generally makes them let go.) Dispose.Fleas>*Give dogs bathes in flea/tick killing shampoo. You'd be surprised how many it gets rid of.*Give flea/tick medicine.*Buy a flea resistant collar.Or, Do some of the options & then take to vet to be treated & it'll be 100% clean when they come home ! :) They usually are, but just to make it 100% positive, y'know?Good luck ! ♥EDIT: Sorry ! Forgot to add; Make sure nothings left of the fleas! & don't pull them out if they won't let go. Make sure to ALWAYS add rubbing alcohol afterwards to kill any left over bacteria and such. :)

• please go to a veterinarian and obtain cypermethrin or flumethrine solution then you apply on the ridge at the back of the dog down to the tail and then the paws.

• Heat up some tweezers with a lighter or match and grab the tick as close to its head as possible and it should quickly let go. Also, give the dog a bath in flea and tick shampoo, rinse well to get all the dead ticks and fleas out of their fur. Then buy Frontline Plus and put it on your dog a few days after their bath.My Grandpa had 5 or 6 farm dogs at a time for his entire life and not once did any of them get sick or even whimper after he simply grabbed the tick with his bare hands and jerked it out.. just saying.