How to get ticks of my dogs face?

My dogs has 2 ticks on his face I cant get off. Hes 80 pounds and usually the sweetest dog but when I try to get them off he growls and snaps at me bought him a muzzle but he gets it off with his paws. A friend told me to rub some of the tick stuff I…

My dogs has 2 ticks on his face I cant get off. Hes 80 pounds and usually the sweetest dog but when I try to get them off he growls and snaps at me bought him a muzzle but he gets it off with his paws. A friend told me to rub some of the tick stuff I…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How to get ticks of my dogs face?...

• How to get ticks of my dogs face?

How to get ticks of my dogs face? Other Pet Discussions
      My dogs has 2 ticks on his face I cant get off. Hes 80 pounds and usually the sweetest dog but when I try to get them off he growls and snaps at me bought him a muzzle but he gets it off with his paws. A friend told me to rub some of the tick stuff I give him each month around the ticks head and it will back out but that didnt work. Does anyone know anything I can do without taking him to the vet?

How to get ticks of my dogs face? Other Pet Discussions
    • you can pull them out with forceps or you can use a q-tip and rub alcohol around the tick. the alcohol will irritate it and it will pull its head out to try and re-locate. I think the alchohol route is better, it won't hurt the dog and you can get teh whole tick off. sometimes when they are pulled off the head stays in the skin.Theres another trick of lighting a match, blowing it out, and touching the red hot match head to the tick's back. It will pull its head out and try to run away.If you have to have someone hold his muzzle and his head still while you do this, its not cruel because it must be done for his own good.

• It's simple. But remember, DON'T PULL IT OUT! as infections may get through the bitten wound. If all of what you described doesn;t work, give him a warm bath. DON'T USE DOG SHAMPOOS. Use your regular shampooing things. rub it around your dog;s head throughout the whole body. leave him soaked with soap out side of the bath waters for like 2 minute. Meanwhile the two minute, he SHOULD try to scratch those ticks off, and rubbing his necks on the ground. and while he is doing that, change his bath water to warm waters. put him back in it and give him a good nice rinse. leave the ticks on. It will eventually start drying up and start falling.This way, it creates NO wounds that are wide open filled with bloods. Hope this works. :)

• You can buy tick removing devices or get tweezers, grab the tick as close to the head as possible and screw the tick out (like opening a wine bottle)... Or put some alcohol or clear nail varnish all over the tick , this will suffocate the tick causing it to fall out.