How do u get rid of brown dog ticks and could they be inside my mattress. Best way to get rid of them????

I recently foudn dozens of ticks and eggs on our bed at home. Could these ticks be in the mattress now? what do i do with the sheets n blankets wash them in hot water or spray them with something? We also have two golden retrievers although I don't…

How do u get rid of brown dog ticks and could they be inside my mattress. Best way to get rid of them????

I recently foudn dozens of ticks and eggs on our bed at home. Could these ticks be in the mattress now? what do i do with the sheets n blankets wash them in hot water or spray them with something? We also have two golden retrievers although I don't…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do u get rid of brown dog ticks and could they be inside my mattress. Best way to get rid of them????...

• How do u get rid of brown dog ticks and could they be inside my mattress. Best way to get rid of them????

How do u get rid of brown dog ticks and could they be inside my mattress. Best way to get rid of them???? Other Pet Discussions
      I recently foudn dozens of ticks and eggs on our bed at home. Could these ticks be in the mattress now? what do i do with the sheets n blankets wash them in hot water or spray them with something? We also have two golden retrievers although I don't visually see ticks on them could they be harvesting on them and not be visible?? PLEASE HELP

How do u get rid of brown dog ticks and could they be inside my mattress. Best way to get rid of them???? Other Pet Discussions
    • Wretched things they are... I used to live in a house surrounded by woods, and the only way I know to kill them/get rid of them is to burn them. If you pull them out of skin, their little "hooks" can be left under your skin~ and could cause bad things like lyme disease, etc.. Whenever I get one I stick a red hot match to him and he will back out on his own- then burn him! Hope this was helpful

• yikes, you have a problem. Get rid of the mattress. I've found in the 20 years in the grooming business that ticks are impossible to kill when they infest. The best thing to do is pick them of the dog or cat when you see them, and get them on a topical flea and tick treatment. K-9 Advantix, frontline, advantage etc. As far as the mattress goes, your gonna have to get rid of it. You could try setting a flea and tick bomb off on it, but it may not kill the eggs. Lots of products say they will work, but usually don't. It's all hype to sell them when it comes to ticks. (nasty and harty little buggers.) They are hard to kill. Especially when they have infested a mattress or the like. Best of luck to you.

• replace mattresses, would treat animals and home professionally, or carefully with over the counter treatments-do treatment before bringing in new bed , or you will continue infestation