How can I free my dog of ticks for good?

I switched from Frontline to Advantix II, but she still gets ticks, I've tried the shampoos, dip, powder, Advantix, and Frontline. I feel as if I am running out of options. My dog is a Corgi with a thick under coat, she is also an indoor dog who only…

I switched from Frontline to Advantix II, but she still gets ticks, I've tried the shampoos, dip, powder, Advantix, and Frontline. I feel as if I am running out of options. My dog is a Corgi with a thick under coat, she is also an indoor dog who only…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I free my dog of ticks for good?...

• How can I free my dog of ticks for good?

How can I free my dog of ticks for good? Other Pet Discussions
      I switched from Frontline to Advantix II, but she still gets ticks, I've tried the shampoos, dip, powder, Advantix, and Frontline. I feel as if I am running out of options. My dog is a Corgi with a thick under coat, she is also an indoor dog who only goes out for walks to use the restroom, never longer than a 30 minute walk.

How can I free my dog of ticks for good? Other Pet Discussions
    • Try getting a tick collar? It smells bad or something like that to ticksAlso, perhaps a change in diet. Ticks are actually more attracted to bad quality dog food. Try getting a holistic wheat free kibble. Try www.ardengrange.ie for good quality dog food.Hope this helps!

• Nothing will repel ticks, and the products you are using does kill them. Frontline does have a newer product called Frontline Tritak, which kills faster and also makes ticks detach. It is only available in certain areas of the country for now, but will probably be more available as time goes along.If there are deer around your home, then do what you can to keep them away. Plant things that they don't like, use fencing to keep them out from where your dog goes to play and potty. You can treat your yard with something called Over "N Out by Bayer. It's labeled for fire ants, but it does also kill ticks.Trim any brush and tall grass in your yard. Keep your dog away from wood piles, if you can.There is a good collar called Preventick or Preventic. I can't remember if there's a k on the end. Your vet can order one for you. Our clients mainly use it for camping and hiking, etc. It should not be used for swimming.Make sure to vaccinate your dog for Lyme disease, and also check your family for ticks on a regular basis. Lyme disease is horrible in humans, as well as dogs. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever is also a danger. So remember, your dog will still get ticks as long as she goes where ticks are. The Tritak will kill and detach them fast, but treating your yard is a big key.vet tech