what fun things can i do with my dog?

I think my dog is getting bored of fetch or walking around the block. I want to do other fun stuff with him in my own yard. I would love to go to agility with him but they are way to expencive. And there is only one place that I know in Seattle that is…

I think my dog is getting bored of fetch or walking around the block. I want to do other fun stuff with him in my own yard. I would love to go to agility with him but they are way to expencive. And there is only one place that I know in Seattle that is…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : what fun things can i do with my dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what fun things can i do with my dog?

what fun things can i do with my dog? Dogs Training Discussions
      I think my dog is getting bored of fetch or walking around the block. I want to do other fun stuff with him in my own yard. I would love to go to agility with him but they are way to expencive. And there is only one place that I know in Seattle that is hella expencive.And suggestions?HOW DO I MAKE A AGILITY COARSE THEN???

what fun things can i do with my dog? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Dogs usually love frisbee. You could try that. But why not take him hiking someplace cool. Dogs love to go for walks in the woods and you live in such a great place for that.

• are you kidding theirs loads of things. Frisbee...your dog could be a 'disc dog'...agility....theres good books out now for training in that area and the equipment is easy to build or just get a book called Dog Tricks For Dummies. Your dog simply likes interacting with you and the tricks in the book are pretty neat and easy to handle!

• try taking him to a fenced in lot with alot of squirles rabits and gophers dogs like reverting back to the wild if only for a little while.also u may consider shalow bodies of water let them run in thaton a long leash of coursei do that with my dog all the time.

• Teach him tricks like :sit,play dead,stand up, or even make up your own courses he can run through in your backyard. Dogs usually don't get bored, they are always there to have fun and make you happy. Although my dog is way lazy; he enjoys sleeping and stealing dog treats. That may be because I never played with him much, so use your imagination! =)

• Put a tennis ball inside an old sock and play tug-o-war with him. Have him stand on his hind legs and do things like dance with you. Have him try to jump over and through things. Try to chase him around or chase you around.

• You go take your dog swimming take him for rides in the car, take him to the park. You could also set up your own type of jumps ect for agility in your own backyard. Also maybe you should think about buying another dog/puppy to keep your other dog occupied.

• dog parks r always good. check yahoo! local. and u can always go to the pet store and pick out toys and such. not 2 mention u could always just improvise agility wise (lol, i rhymed!!). the seesaw could be a board on something that will alowl it to go up and down, the jumps and salom poles can be little garden stakes at home depot, and u could practice rite in ur yard. enjoy ur fun filld doggy days!!!

• I do many activities with my mohopuppy. We walk on trails in our area that are public and allow pets. Most need to have you keep pet on a leash. Hide treats around the house, go to obedience class, look in your local pet store for independent services. Buystuff animals at the second hand store to have fun with. My dog enjoys having the choice of different toy's.