Will my dog and cat get used to our new puppy?

I have a 3 year old dog and 5 year old cat and we just got a new 6 week old shih tzu and Raney, the dog, avoids her and wont have anything to do with her and is scared of her. Zebu, the cat, hisses, growles, and meows at her and stays away from her.…

I have a 3 year old dog and 5 year old cat and we just got a new 6 week old shih tzu and Raney, the dog, avoids her and wont have anything to do with her and is scared of her. Zebu, the cat, hisses, growles, and meows at her and stays away from her.…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will my dog and cat get used to our new puppy?...

• Will my dog and cat get used to our new puppy?

Will my dog and cat get used to our new puppy? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 3 year old dog and 5 year old cat and we just got a new 6 week old shih tzu and Raney, the dog, avoids her and wont have anything to do with her and is scared of her. Zebu, the cat, hisses, growles, and meows at her and stays away from her. Whenever i try to pet him, he back away from me because i have her scent on me. Any help here?

Will my dog and cat get used to our new puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • In my experience the cat and the dog will eventually get used to the fact that the puppy is around so sooner or later the cat and the dog will just leave the puppy alone. Now on to the to the patting the puppy will also get use to the scent. hope i helped!

• The animals will learn to coexist, my cats did not like my puppy when we first got him. Try getting your cat to come to you with turkey or something so she remembers how much she likes you.