Should I change food gradually even if it's the same brand?

I give my 7 year old Lab mix Science Diet Adult dog food. She is getting older now and it seems that she is less active, so I bought her Science Diet for dogs 7 years old and older. Should I switch her food gradually by mixing it in with the old, even…

I give my 7 year old Lab mix Science Diet Adult dog food. She is getting older now and it seems that she is less active, so I bought her Science Diet for dogs 7 years old and older. Should I switch her food gradually by mixing it in with the old, even…...
    General Dog Discussions : Should I change food gradually even if it's the same brand?...

• Should I change food gradually even if it's the same brand?

Should I change food gradually even if it's the same brand? General Dog Discussions
      I give my 7 year old Lab mix Science Diet Adult dog food. She is getting older now and it seems that she is less active, so I bought her Science Diet for dogs 7 years old and older. Should I switch her food gradually by mixing it in with the old, even though it is the same brand?

Should I change food gradually even if it's the same brand? General Dog Discussions
    • They usually tell you to change it gradually if its a different flavor or a different brand or a different type of food. To be on the safe side, I would mix half and half at first then mix less of her old food in with the new. It also helps to get rid of any extra food you may have. She should eat it just fine without mixing it as well.