what type of training collar should I get?

When I was at dog training today, i used her regular collar, and she slipped out of it a few times. The trainer recommended a brand of training collar starting with a M, and i cant seem to remember the name. It was a flat training collar that has a chain…

When I was at dog training today, i used her regular collar, and she slipped out of it a few times. The trainer recommended a brand of training collar starting with a M, and i cant seem to remember the name. It was a flat training collar that has a chain…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : what type of training collar should I get?...

• what type of training collar should I get?

what type of training collar should I get? Dogs Training Discussions
      When I was at dog training today, i used her regular collar, and she slipped out of it a few times. The trainer recommended a brand of training collar starting with a M, and i cant seem to remember the name. It was a flat training collar that has a chain it connects to in the back, that connects to your leash. Anyone know what brand this is or what type of collar i should get?

what type of training collar should I get? Dogs Training Discussions
    • Martingale/Half-checkI got mine here - http://www.pet365.co.uk/search.php?search_query=half+check&x=0&y=0You can make your own. All the metal parts to it you can get on eBay from the seller zjaw24wAnd it's basically just polypropylene webbing with grosgrain ribbon on top. I find the £14.99 price a bit high, i have a sewing machine so make my own now exactly the same, same hardware used in those collars and webbing just cheaper because i make it myself.

• The collar is called a Martingale collar. It is a wonderful collar for sight hounds or dogs whose necks are larger than their heads (ie greyhounds). I recommend these collars to anyone because they are easy to use, gentle, and your dog can't slip out of them if properly fit.There are two different kinds, the ones with the chain, and the ones with the material or leather depending on the type of collar you get. They are sold at PetSmart, PetCo. and a few other stores. My shepherd mix has to wear one, and he does great. His is a blue canvas one from Lupine. They guarantee their collars, harnesses, leashes, etc. even through chewing. I recommend a martingale from them.

• Martingale - they're used for breeds like greyhounds, whippets, salukis, etc.; breeds that have narrow heads so its easy to slip out of collars. It would be a good choice for training - all pet stores carry them.