To Canada and back along with my 8 year old Dachshund?

What formalities need to be completed for travel to Canada by car from across North Dakota into Manitoba, Canada with my 8 year old Dachshund dog ? The trip will be for a week at the most.Also, will I need to complete any further formalities about the…

What formalities need to be completed for travel to Canada by car from across North Dakota into Manitoba, Canada with my 8 year old Dachshund dog ? The trip will be for a week at the most.Also, will I need to complete any further formalities about the…...
    General Dog Discussions : To Canada and back along with my 8 year old Dachshund?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• To Canada and back along with my 8 year old Dachshund?

To Canada and back along with my 8 year old Dachshund? General Dog Discussions
      What formalities need to be completed for travel to Canada by car from across North Dakota into Manitoba, Canada with my 8 year old Dachshund dog ? The trip will be for a week at the most.Also, will I need to complete any further formalities about the dog when I drive back into the United States with the dog, along the same route, of course ?

To Canada and back along with my 8 year old Dachshund? General Dog Discussions
    • I don't know the technicalities of entering and traveling thru Canada with a U.S. dog. However, I would assume, the paperwork you must have with you are her: Rabies tag and vet certificate, microchip.Actually, a whole bunch of sites popped up when I googled "Entering Canada with Dogs".

• You need a rabies certificate that describes the dog clearly, going both directions across the border. Because both the U.S. and Canada have rabies, they're a little less picky than some countries about pet import. And because we share a border, they're even less picky with each other than with other countries.Don't forget your own passport. You'll need that both coming and going as well.Find the details here:http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/anima/imp/petani/canine.shtmlhttp://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/animals/animal_import/animal_imports_pets.shtml