How can I convince my parents to get me a miniature horse?

I am a responsible teenager and realllllly want a miniature horse, but my parents won't let me! The main issues are transportation, my dog, shelter, and what do you do with them? Thanks!

I am a responsible teenager and realllllly want a miniature horse, but my parents won't let me! The main issues are transportation, my dog, shelter, and what do you do with them? Thanks!...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I convince my parents to get me a miniature horse?...

• How can I convince my parents to get me a miniature horse?

How can I convince my parents to get me a miniature horse? Other Pet Discussions
      I am a responsible teenager and realllllly want a miniature horse, but my parents won't let me! The main issues are transportation, my dog, shelter, and what do you do with them? Thanks!

How can I convince my parents to get me a miniature horse? Other Pet Discussions
    • What do you plan to do with a mini horse/pony? Are you going to pay to board it? This can be $100 a month up to $500 a month. Are you going to pay for the farrier? This means shoes and taking care of the feet - at $40 - $100 every 6 weeks to two months. Are you going to pay for wormings and teeth cleanings? Vet bills? Do you have horse experience? Do you know what to look for when buying a horse? Minis are not dogs. They eat alot of food, produce alot of waste, and generally are not rideable. If you don't know what you would do with one, why do you want one? Unless you have land and possibly already have horses, they are a drain on the pocketbook that may not be worth it to you in a few months. Please, find someone who has them and talk to them about it. Understand what it takes to own a horse/pony before undertaking something like this on a whim. Good luck to you. : )

• Do you have proper accomodations for the horse. Do you live in or out of the city limits? You might have to pay room and board on a farm or ranch for the shelter of your horse. Tell your parent's you'll pay through work, for the upkeep of the horse. Also, a minature horse doesn't eat as much as a large horse. Good Luck!

• show them your responsible by checking out the local laws for keeping a miniture horse, and getting a job to pay for your horse and a shelter and if that doesn't work you could look into horse boarding.