How do I get my corn snake to come out more?

My corn snake is 2 years old, and he spends a large amount of his time underneath his log. How do I get him to be more active. He is in a 20 gallon tank. Should I get him a bigger one?He is about 4 feet longThe tank stays at anywhere from 72-72…

My corn snake is 2 years old, and he spends a large amount of his time underneath his log. How do I get him to be more active. He is in a 20 gallon tank. Should I get him a bigger one?He is about 4 feet longThe tank stays at anywhere from 72-72…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I get my corn snake to come out more?...

• How do I get my corn snake to come out more?

How do I get my corn snake to come out more? Other Pet Discussions
      My corn snake is 2 years old, and he spends a large amount of his time underneath his log. How do I get him to be more active. He is in a 20 gallon tank. Should I get him a bigger one?He is about 4 feet longThe tank stays at anywhere from 72-72 degrees F.And he eats every week and a half.

How do I get my corn snake to come out more? Other Pet Discussions
    • well how hot is your tank?when did it eat last?and if your snake is a lot longer than your tank then yes you need a bigger tank. i have 2 snakes of my own ball Python's 1 is 3yrs and the other is about 7yrs.

• Sounds like your snake is scared. Fill the cage with foliage or something. The snake won't come out if it feels threatened or exposed. Because of this I don't suggest a bigger enclosure. Also, the tank needs to be hotter. Do you have a basking lamp and an under-tank heating pad? (BTW do NOT under any circumstances use a heating rock. They can seriously burn your snake).

• Should take him out more and handle him. Kind of play with him, you can do this every day if you want to. It works I have my own corn snake, its a high-orange cornsnake.