How do I keep my cat from chewing my socks?

My cat liked to chew my socks and no other article of clothing. I don't know what to do or use to make her stop. Does anyone have any suggestions?Okay...I do keep my socks in my drawer, but she literally puts her little cute paw in there and pulls the…

My cat liked to chew my socks and no other article of clothing. I don't know what to do or use to make her stop. Does anyone have any suggestions?Okay...I do keep my socks in my drawer, but she literally puts her little cute paw in there and pulls the…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I keep my cat from chewing my socks?...

• How do I keep my cat from chewing my socks?

How do I keep my cat from chewing my socks? Other Pet Discussions
      My cat liked to chew my socks and no other article of clothing. I don't know what to do or use to make her stop. Does anyone have any suggestions?Okay...I do keep my socks in my drawer, but she literally puts her little cute paw in there and pulls the socks out with her claw. It is a mystery! About every other day when I come home from work there is a chewed up sock and she is looking at me like, "Holly Crap, he is going to be pissed!"

How do I keep my cat from chewing my socks? Other Pet Discussions
    • Try getting an old sock or small cat toy. Once you have it, if you make it either be filled with or smell like catnip, your cat might get more interested in that. If that doesn't work, you could wear slippers and keep your socks out of reach.

• my cat did that exact same thing. i absolutly LOVE the smell of mexican food, so when i washed my socks, i put about 6 drops of hot sauce in the machine. (yep it perfectly safe, i checked with my parents) so when she chewed on them, she got a unplesant surprise. and i got a nice mexican smell. lol. some people told me thats animal cruelty.i dont think so. but hey, nothiin else worked!!

• Well, start by keeping them out of her reach. Chemical deterrents can be purchased at your local pet store for about $30-$50 and work wonders, but honestly are very expensive to save socks! A cheap alternative is lemon juice or garlic, which cats HATE...if you can stand it your self. Want more advice on this issue? Read this article: http://www.catchannel.com/cat/behavior/article0002.aspx