How do you know when or if your fish is gonna lay eggs?

I have three Silver-Tipped Sharks, and the one's belly is a little bigger then the others, it just stays in one area of the tank at the bottom, and sometimes it tries to dig. It doesn't really swim but kind of lays there. I got the fish at PetSmart and…

I have three Silver-Tipped Sharks, and the one's belly is a little bigger then the others, it just stays in one area of the tank at the bottom, and sometimes it tries to dig. It doesn't really swim but kind of lays there. I got the fish at PetSmart and…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do you know when or if your fish is gonna lay eggs?...

• How do you know when or if your fish is gonna lay eggs?

How do you know when or if your fish is gonna lay eggs? Other Pet Discussions
      I have three Silver-Tipped Sharks, and the one's belly is a little bigger then the others, it just stays in one area of the tank at the bottom, and sometimes it tries to dig. It doesn't really swim but kind of lays there. I got the fish at PetSmart and I've looked everywhere for information on it, but I can't find any.

How do you know when or if your fish is gonna lay eggs? Other Pet Discussions
    • Usually fish lay eggs in 2 parts they first lay the eggs which will look like white spotty gel; could be on the bottom or on the side or in the rocks she is diging in. Then the male will fertilize the eggs and soon after babys appear. The fat fish is not always about to lay eggs but I would keep an eye out. If they lay eggs once plan on seeing it again so dont be too concerned. An old plant potter or a few live plants or a little sunken city will make the mother feel more secure and give the babys a place to be safe. Good Luck!!