What is the best place to buy a turtle?

I've been wanting a turtle for as long as I can remember. But I want to get a turtle that is healthy [no diseases] and will live long. Plus I dont want it to cost too much. Any ideas of where I can get one?

I've been wanting a turtle for as long as I can remember. But I want to get a turtle that is healthy [no diseases] and will live long. Plus I dont want it to cost too much. Any ideas of where I can get one?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best place to buy a turtle?...

• What is the best place to buy a turtle?

What is the best place to buy a turtle? Other Pet Discussions
      I've been wanting a turtle for as long as I can remember. But I want to get a turtle that is healthy [no diseases] and will live long. Plus I dont want it to cost too much. Any ideas of where I can get one?

What is the best place to buy a turtle? Other Pet Discussions
    • Best place and cheap do not necessarily mean the same thing.The best place for reptiles for beginners is your local pet shop that knows reptiles- they have some nice, healthy animals, good supplies, good books, and a knowledgeable,even enthusisatic staff.PetCo and PetSmart usually have nice animals as a starting point.Your local herpetological society is another good source- they know the local breeders and keepers, stores, and other sources.