Any bunny hutch ideas for making it more fun for Boo?

Tonight we are revising our 3 year old rabbit's winter hutch, which is kept in the garage. He has house with windows an upstairs loft, room to run, and seperate "bathroom" area. Any more ideas on how to make it more fun for him? Its about 8 feet long by…

Tonight we are revising our 3 year old rabbit's winter hutch, which is kept in the garage. He has house with windows an upstairs loft, room to run, and seperate "bathroom" area. Any more ideas on how to make it more fun for him? Its about 8 feet long by…...
    Off Topic : Any bunny hutch ideas for making it more fun for Boo?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Any bunny hutch ideas for making it more fun for Boo?

Any bunny hutch ideas for making it more fun for Boo? Off Topic
      Tonight we are revising our 3 year old rabbit's winter hutch, which is kept in the garage. He has house with windows an upstairs loft, room to run, and seperate "bathroom" area. Any more ideas on how to make it more fun for him? Its about 8 feet long by 3 feet wide, with open sides. He shares a heat lamp with the dog pen, and they are safely seperated, but can see each other. More ideas? Boo Radley is a very spoiled and happy bunny.

Any bunny hutch ideas for making it more fun for Boo? Off Topic
    • Sounds excellent for Boo! I recently bought my rabbit a dense grass ball toy, and while he isn't crazy about it I think other rabbits would be. Maybe a mirror or a friend. I understand they are much happier having a pal.

• sounds like the set up is quite a nice one so toys are your next step. lots of things make good bunny toys. boxes full of hay are fun for hiding and digging in. boxes, stools etc for sitting on and under, toilet roll tubes for chewing and throwing, fill them with hay with a treat in the middle for more fun. you can hang treats (carrots, veg leaves) from the top of the hutch to make them harder and fun for boo to grab. i provide mine with a large litter box filled with dirt for them to dig in. plastic plant pots are good for chucking about. an old phone book for ripping up, a treat ball...etc...you could also try scattering his dry feed to make it harder to find - this exercises his brain and stimulates him and also recreates a more natural "wild" style of feeding. however, the best form of entertainment for a bunny is another bunny. ideally they should be kept in pairs.

• You sound like a great rabbit owner. My rabbit loves cardboard paper towel and toilet paper rolls, cardboard ribbons spools, and wood blocks (the wood blocks are from the petstore, some woods are toxic to rabbits), and willow twig balls. Oh, and plastic baby keys. And a paper lunch sack filled with timothy hay.