How many shots Does my labrador need and how much will it cost me?

I really want a labrador retriever but my parents are little tight on money right now so I wanted to know how many shots my lab would need(if Im able to get one) and how much it would cost me and my parents.

I really want a labrador retriever but my parents are little tight on money right now so I wanted to know how many shots my lab would need(if Im able to get one) and how much it would cost me and my parents....
    Other Pet Discussions : How many shots Does my labrador need and how much will it cost me?...

• How many shots Does my labrador need and how much will it cost me?

How many shots Does my labrador need and how much will it cost me? Other Pet Discussions
      I really want a labrador retriever but my parents are little tight on money right now so I wanted to know how many shots my lab would need(if Im able to get one) and how much it would cost me and my parents.

How many shots Does my labrador need and how much will it cost me? Other Pet Discussions
    • Disregard that first post. I believe it can be upwards of $500. I have forgotten I'm sorry. You can look for a vet in the yellow pages and they will be able to tell you an estimate and will know what vaccinations are required in your area.

• Most vets recommend a number of shots for dogs. You really don't need ANY shots except rabies. The other shots often cause more harm than prevent disease and the diseases are rare enough the shots are not necessary. Rabies shots can often be had for as little as ten dollars at some of the larger pet stores such as PetSmart and PetCo.

• you can check with your local humaine society to see about adoption also. i think it's $40 dollars or something and all the pets are already completely taken care of as far as shots and de-worming and everything. plus these darlings need good homes.

• there are 3 that i can recall. there is distemper(set of two or three shots between a certain amount of time), rabies, and worming medicine. i can remember that these treatments arent the cheapest but they are required for a heathy dog. my dog is a minpin and hers were around 20-30 bucks per shot, but it may be more for a larger breed of dog.

• Really it depends on the age of the dog. If its a puppy. 3 sets of shots are needed. PDDH or PPDH. And if the dog is over a year. Just the rabies shot is needed. But it is best to give the parvo and distemper if money allows. I am a vet tech. And I see awful causes come in all the time. Also you should get your dog put on heart worm prevention. It takes care of parasites and the heart worm larva on a monthly basis. The place i work at is a low cost clinic and the shots are 28 dollars. And heart worm test are 35 dollars. And prevention depends on the size of the dog. But if I was to guess. The cost would be like 40 dollars for a six month supply. Best thing to do is look for a low cost clinic in your area. Call around .... there are expensive places out there. So beware. And the heart worms are transmitted by mosquito's. And this is the time of year for that. Hope this helped a little.