What fun things did you do with your dog this past weekend?

Saturday I took the geeky Bernese pups (nearly 8 mos old) to a conformation match. They're not competitive yet but its really important they get out in public and learn how to behave.Sunday the pups mother was entered in an AKC conformation show and…

Saturday I took the geeky Bernese pups (nearly 8 mos old) to a conformation match. They're not competitive yet but its really important they get out in public and learn how to behave.Sunday the pups mother was entered in an AKC conformation show and…...
    Off Topic : What fun things did you do with your dog this past weekend?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What fun things did you do with your dog this past weekend?

What fun things did you do with your dog this past weekend? Off Topic
      Saturday I took the geeky Bernese pups (nearly 8 mos old) to a conformation match. They're not competitive yet but its really important they get out in public and learn how to behave.Sunday the pups mother was entered in an AKC conformation show and took Winners B*tch and Best of Opposite sex. We're mere points away from her championship.I also had my Samoyed puppy (8 mos old) entered. He earned his first point and a Best of breed. We had great fun!!!So, what did you do with your dogs that was fun?

What fun things did you do with your dog this past weekend? Off Topic
    • Well, Tookie is our Chow Husky Mix and he is 2 years old. He loves to play with his clothes basket Full of toys. We play with him daily and he loves to chase after anything that is thrown.That is what we do together out in the back yard.We live in a bad part of the city where I'm from and it's better to play and excercise him in our yard than it is to walk him. There are dangerous pit bulls and other dogs around that would hurt him if we walked himHe's a happy boy though and loves his time with us every day!

• i have two. one is yorkie he loves to go places in the car and we ride him places and he looks. he loves kids and new people coming into the house and hes had a full belly of this this weekend and hes such a good boy. the other dog is choc lab. he loves water and we put the sprinklers on for him and he goes nuts. he loves it and races around and we'll go out there alot during the day and sit with him and hefollows all over .

• I had to work this weekend but, I did get to try something interesting. I tried out new bark collars. Had a bit of trouble at first but, Greekman helped me out. I took the new Saint to the vet and got him weighed and his last set of shots. That was great. Due to the fact I've only had him for three weeks and the conditions he had lived under, I was afraid he might bite. He stood really well and did all that was asked of him. He is coming along. He isn't aggressive to people (Lord knows he should be) only other male dogs.

• We took my mastiff Monty to meet with his mastiff group that I started here in town. We had thirty mastiffs at a dog beach swimming and drooling together. I am surprised the creek didnt overflow:) we had a great time. We're planning on doing it again at a different dog beach in a few weeks for M's bday!

• Sounds like you had a very good week end! Congrats on the dogs doing so well.It was very hot here this past week end so anything that had to do with water was ok with me and my Goldens. We swam in our pool and then I took them to the lake and did some dock jumping. On Sunday we took them to the shore and they playing in the ocean. We had a early dinner at an outside seafood place (dog friendly) and came home. Everyone was happy and tired too!

• I took my bigger dogs to the river to play. They love to smell the mud and shells and walk along the edge of the water. The little ones just like to take walks around the park and most of them love to meet little kids.

• Good question! I took my Border Collie to my aunt and uncle's farm up north for some dog interaction time with their pets and some exposure to the farm animals to help her get used to them more... Did an obedience match a few weeks ago and will be doing some herding testing in the next month or so... this on top of the regular daily training we do and agility and obedience classes each week :) Training is addictive, what can I say?!

• My friend came over, and we started throwing my dog's ball on the roof, so it rolled down onto the other side of the yard. It was like uber-fetch! We had so much fun!And we did lots of clicker training, which is so fun for my dog, because he just throws out all these random behaviors, and gets rewarded!Shows are fun- one my dog is older, he will show. Starting in October- I'm excited!

• We went to a dog show and agility trial this weekend. I brought Curry (class dog), Melody (class b!tch), Chili (specials b!tch), Sailor (specials dog), and Rosie (agility). It was a supported entry, so we had 14 bassets competing.Rosie got a leg on her Novice Standard Agility and Curry picked up his first two conformation points.After the shows I brought them all to the river for a swim.

• I tried a new hiking trail by my house and my lab frolicked in the 6ft tall weeds (and they think we have a drought) and swam in the creek. She especially likes to run through the shallows of the creek at high speed. Maybe she is racing the flow of water? lol.Good question!

• Congratulations!!!!! Haven't been to a conformation show in about 20 years! Got "out" of breeding/showing when I had kids (the 2 legged variety). Been doing agility for the past 13 years.....This weekend? Well, we were not entered in an agility show. Not until next month.We worked agility on our training lawn, went for several short and long walks around the farm off leash, searched for the ground squirrels, played in the irrigation ditch, got mud hosed off her about 5 times, played soccer with the old kickball, played fetch on the lawn, played squeeky ball in the house, played tug...Wren played in the kiddie pool, attacked the sprinklers on the lawn, helped water potted plants outside, helped poop-scoop, helped us wash our car, conned 3 visitors into throwing her toy, did some tricks, played with my daughter's dogs, gave us kisses, got fed, and slept in our bed.......rather a boring, standard weekend ;)

• I didn't get to have much fun this weekend wiht MY dogs. I was too busy rescuing 22 shelties that were part of a cruelty case in Berks Co. PA. None knew what a leash was, what grass was; they had no concept of toys, or petting, or play. Terrified of treats. No, not much fun at all this weekend.