How can I teach my mini schnauzer to balance a bone on his nose?

He is 6 months old, and in a puppy obedience class, and one of the challenges is for each dog to balance a bone on his nose. Does anyone have any suggestions?

He is 6 months old, and in a puppy obedience class, and one of the challenges is for each dog to balance a bone on his nose. Does anyone have any suggestions?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I teach my mini schnauzer to balance a bone on his nose?...

• How can I teach my mini schnauzer to balance a bone on his nose?

How can I teach my mini schnauzer to balance a bone on his nose? Other Pet Discussions
      He is 6 months old, and in a puppy obedience class, and one of the challenges is for each dog to balance a bone on his nose. Does anyone have any suggestions?

How can I teach my mini schnauzer to balance a bone on his nose? Other Pet Discussions
    • Hmm.... i remember trying that. The only way i could get my dog to do it is to start out by holding the treat on her nose and saying the command (we used "Steady.") Just lightly hold the bone on the dog's nose, give the command, and count to two. Then reward. Slowly increase the time to ten seconds. Once the dog seems to know what you're talking about then remove your hand after giving the command. Count to two. Work your way up.I'm in advanced classes with my dog (working towards therapy certification) and we're teaching the dogs to close doors. Such fun. Good luck with your dog!