How many hours of sleep do dogs require a night?

My dog has been sleeping a lot lately (she is a golden retriever, if that has anything to do with sleeping hours) and I was wondering if anyone out there knew about how many hours dogs require of sleep a night. Thanks.

My dog has been sleeping a lot lately (she is a golden retriever, if that has anything to do with sleeping hours) and I was wondering if anyone out there knew about how many hours dogs require of sleep a night. Thanks....
    Other Pet Discussions : How many hours of sleep do dogs require a night?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How many hours of sleep do dogs require a night?

How many hours of sleep do dogs require a night? Other Pet Discussions
      My dog has been sleeping a lot lately (she is a golden retriever, if that has anything to do with sleeping hours) and I was wondering if anyone out there knew about how many hours dogs require of sleep a night. Thanks.

How many hours of sleep do dogs require a night? Other Pet Discussions
    • Adult dogs spend approximately half of their life sleeping, typically twelve hours each day and some breeds may sleep as much as 18 hours per day! Dogs may sleep out of boredom, but they also know when to be awake and aware of their surroundings and next thing you know, they’re back to taking a nap. Age plays a factor as well; as you can imagine, older dogs sleep more than younger dogs do.